(NB41) My Football

• 3 weeks later...

Few issues and Change requests.

Issues And Changes:

• If you change a Team name, the change isn't represented in the Fixtures list as the Team names are hard stored into the Fixtures Database Table.
  • When adding players would it be possible to display a list of teams as default to pick from (Rather than being pushed to the first team created)?. This makes it a lot harder to navigate around when trying to add players.
  • When adding a new player, you are instead prompted to add a player 'position' (Will come back to this shortly) and now and then I get an memory exhausted error as the positions are in a constant loop after being created. Positions you add are constantly looped with the positions which you previously added being under the new Position (I hope that makes sense? :p).
  • When adding players, can you please change the way you are doing this. Currently, you have to add a position, then a player and you have to add positions for each time you wish to add players to each team. Wouldn't it be easier to create a selection of positions and add them to the player form as a selection instead? (Basically just do this once for all teams in the settings area?).
  • Change the way Players are displayed in the admin area. Rather than displaying each position and have the players listed under the position, can you change this to list the players with their various attributes like Shirt Number and positions. The way this has been done makes it harder to find the player you are looking for and the constant clicking the arrows will not help with repetitive strain injuries.
  • When displaying the fixtures in the front area, can we please move away from the 'default' IPB look of displaying everything as if the fixtures were a Forum as default? For example: this would be a better way of displaying fixtures: https://spfl.co.uk/premiership/results/.

I will post a screenshot of the memory issue when it happens again.

Kind Regards,

Edited by TDBF

Hello,

46 minutes ago, TDBF said:
  • If you change a Team name, the change isn't represented in the Fixtures list as the Team names are hard stored into the Fixtures Database Table.

I'll look into that.

47 minutes ago, TDBF said:
  • When adding players would it be possible to display a list of teams as default to pick from (Rather than being pushed to the first team created)?. This makes it a lot harder to navigate around when trying to add players.

Please clarify this. Do you want a new select box on create player form?

51 minutes ago, TDBF said:
  • When adding a new player, you are instead prompted to add a player 'position' (Will come back to this shortly) and now and then I get an memory exhausted error as the positions are in a constant loop after being created. Positions you add are constantly looped with the positions which you previously added being under the new Position (I hope that makes sense? :p).
  •  

How to reproduce this?

I added new player without any errors.

56 minutes ago, TDBF said:
  • When adding players, can you please change the way you are doing this. Currently, you have to add a position, then a player and you have to add positions for each time you wish to add players to each team. Wouldn't it be easier to create a selection of positions and add them to the player form as a selection instead? (Basically just do this once for all teams in the settings area?).

I'll think about that.

58 minutes ago, TDBF said:
  • Change the way Players are displayed in the admin area. Rather than displaying each position and have the players listed under the position, can you change this to list the players with their various attributes like Shirt Number and positions. The way this has been done makes it harder to find the player you are looking for and the constant clicking the arrows will not help with repetitive strain injuries.
  •  

I can add separate page with players list

1 hour ago, TDBF said:
  • When displaying the fixtures in the front area, can we please move away from the 'default' IPB look of displaying everything as if the fixtures were a Forum as default? For example: this would be a better way of displaying fixtures: https://spfl.co.uk/premiership/results/.

Which page (location) do you mean?

• 5 weeks later...

Feature request

It would be great to have an area that we can display for league news with the football app section.

For example if the league manager wants to announce something or post updates.

I had been using a forum but that was bundled in with the other forums so it would be nice to have a section within the football app, so we can keep all football leagues and league news within the same area?

Thoughts?

11 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Feature request

It would be great to have an area that we can display for league news with the football app section.

For example if the league manager wants to announce something or post updates.

I had been using a forum but that was bundled in with the other forums so it would be nice to have a section within the football app, so we can keep all football leagues and league news within the same area?

Thoughts?

Hello,

I need more information. Who and how will be post news? Allow users comment them? etc.

I need to know what to do. Items like topics, events or simple form with 2-3 fields.

5 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

I need more information. Who and how will be post news? Allow users comment them? etc.

If members can start news Items like topics and other members can reply in that topic that would be great.

It would be fantastic if you can do it like the league tables so when you on a league page it just shows news topics created in that league page but when on the main index of the app https://www.walkingfootball.com/football/ a widget could show all news topics from all leagues.

Hey There,

Just wondering if anyone is using this as a tournament bracketing software and if it's even possible.

We are looking for the ability for our users to create their own tournaments within our community site, have people sign up to them, bracket the people off, etc..

eg. I am Joe User and want to run a Warmachine Tournament.

Can I -

• Create a custom tournament
  • add users as they sign up/register
  • update in real time as people advance
  • Add customer images
  • Set custom parameters/additional info. Eg, start date, time, location, prizes

We'd like to do this with zero outside apps and all within IP Board.

Thanks!

Hello,

11 hours ago, stankywizard said:

Can I -

• Create a custom tournament
  • add users as they sign up/register
  • update in real time as people advance
  • Add customer images
  • Set custom parameters/additional info. Eg, start date, time, location, prizes

No.

11 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Any conclusion yet if this will be added?

Will be added.

Hard to make if you give little information.

What I did

news.thumb.jpg.1b44374e4fe5231bffbef25542d66fb9.jpg

news2.thumb.jpg.ca8baa475fa524d6bdb9d24939b55f88.jpg

Simple form

news3.thumb.jpg.ec57a6c8eb52e268394ccde679055a93.jpg

Frontend

news4.thumb.jpg.0b70d250e0c9eb25faf4ce0e224b5ed8.jpg

Add news form

news5.thumb.jpg.9b9d70df7b4623068e0c885b24c73814.jpg

News view

news6.thumb.jpg.781bc0df4c8a8b8b5a281da6d0dff52d.jpg

Hello,

It would be fantastic if you can do it like the league tables so when you on a league page it just shows news topics created in that league page but when on the main index of the app https://www.walkingfootball.com/football/ a widget could show all news topics from all leagues.

How that widget should be looks? Like topic feed?

If not what is the ETA?

No ETA. I'm busy and can't fully test the news work . I'll try finish on weekend.

Edited by newbie LAC