show different groups different front pages (with Pages app)

Jaymez

From support:

There is no way in which to set a different start page for guests and members. 

I want to be able to show different groups different front pages. For example if the visitor is a guest I'd like to show them how to join and why the should. If its a member in 'group a' i'd like to show them 'group a' assets and so on. I don't think I can do this w/the pages module. Or is it possible if I use the right code within that page? I used to be able to customize menu views per group in the global template, but IPS has changed alot since then. Any help would be greatly appreciated

You could use the pages blocks for this. Page Blocks have permissions, so you could create  a block for guests and make it only visible to guests and another would be only visible to registered members.
Then place both blocks on your page and depending on the user, only one of them will be shown :)

On 10/7/2016 at 1:06 AM, Daniel F said:

You could use the pages blocks for this. Page Blocks have permissions, so you could create  a block for guests and make it only visible to guests and another would be only visible to registered members.

Since when?  I don't see the permission matrix on any of my IP.Pages blocks besides Records Feed, which will only accomplish a fraction of what he ultimately wants to do.  

Clients have requested permissions as a default feature on all blocks / widgets for a long time now.  

On 10/7/2016 at 1:00 AM, Jaymez said:

From support:

There is no way in which to set a different start page for guests and members. 

I want to be able to show different groups different front pages. For example if the visitor is a guest I'd like to show them how to join and why the should. If its a member in 'group a' i'd like to show them 'group a' assets and so on. I don't think I can do this w/the pages module. Or is it possible if I use the right code within that page? I used to be able to customize menu views per group in the global template, but IPS has changed alot since then. Any help would be greatly appreciated

1.  Check the Marketplace, there are some "sign up" widgets that are ... not bad. 

2.  Depending on how compartmentalized your community is amongst the groups, you may want to check out Group Collaboration by @Kevin Carwile.

23 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Since when?  I don't see the permission matrix on any of my IP.Pages blocks besides Records Feed, which will only accomplish a fraction of what he ultimately wants to do.  

Since always?!

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same:)
ACP => Pages => Block.. There you can set the permissions:)

perm.png

1 minute ago, Daniel F said:

Since always?!

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same:)

Hmm, I see.  

I knew about the permission matrix on custom blocks on the back-end.  But IPS doesn't offer permission matrices on the front-end for any of their other blocks such as WYSIWYG Editor, Recently Browsing, Member Statistics, etc. which was more to what I was referring.  

Archived