(NB41) Content Ratings

28 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

I assume that the following setting updates the build in reputation score??

rep.png

Does it also update the Content Rating score?

If that is the case, is there anyway I can hide the content rating scores (0/0/0) EVERYWHERE, effectively using your multiple icons, but the built in reputation scores?

Yes,  I would like this too.

Another problem I encountered when trying to use the Content Ratings to integrate into Reputation is that the original reputation will still show (eg. "Like" icon; green up / red down icons). There is no way to hide the reputation like while still keeping the reputation count.   

2 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

That setting doesn't convert rating to reputation or reputation to rating.

How it works

http://www.screencast.com/t/bHp4pljfMuVm

Again, many thanks for clarifying for me. It works how I anticipated.

17 hours ago, Bill Edwards said:

is there anyway I can hide the content rating scores (0/0/0) EVERYWHERE, effectively using your multiple icons, but the built in reputation scores?

Is this possible? 

I previously suggested that a feature would be to be able to choose which if the 0/0/0 we display and you said this was a possible setting. I appreciate you are busy and I'm not pressuring you, but if this were possible it would solve the above problem. Is this still a possibility? If it is any timescale?

Many thanks

Bill

Edited by Bill Edwards
On 10/16/2016 at 4:35 PM, Joel R said:

Another problem I encountered when trying to use the Content Ratings to integrate into Reputation is that the original reputation will still show (eg. "Like" icon; green up / red down icons). There is no way to hide the reputation like while still keeping the reputation count.   

I have just found a way round this :)

If you set every member group able to give x reputation setting to zero, the button disappears.

2 hours ago, Bill Edwards said:

I have just found a way round this :)

If you set every member group able to give x reputation setting to zero, the button disappears.

Yes, I've discovered that as well.

HOWEVER, it still shows the Content Rating's counter (0 / 0 / 0) which should be hidden when using the default reputation system.  Otherwise it's redundant.  

Edited by Joel R
10 hours ago, Bill Edwards said:

I am using this app to update the built in reputation score.

I have noticed that it doesn't update the built in "top reputation" block and the block for this app doesn't show all reputation rendering both blocks ineffective 

Hello,

The block "Top contributors" related with items/comments/reviews and get the data from table core_reputation_index. My application does not add records to the table. Update user repuatition only.

On 10/18/2016 at 0:10 AM, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

What should I add/edit/delete?

Sorry for not responding earlier.  

IF Reputation is on:

Reputation On.JPG

THEN option to hide Content Rating counters:

Forum Postbit.JPG

Profile ratings.JPG

(The Content Ratings' counter becomes redundant, since the ratings are integrated into IPS reputation.  Hope that makes sense.)

24 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

Using the Content Rating "Top" block the totals for the week show as expected, but the month, year and all time are blank. Why is this??

Hello,

I don't know. On my test board all timeframes works correctly. If you give me ftp access for debugging I'll look into that.

• 2 weeks later...