(NB41) Content Ratings

Hello,

1 hour ago, Bill Edwards said:

I am looking to buy this, please can you tell me where you get the icons you've used?

Download from internet + icon "Photo" is a fa icon http://fontawesome.io/icon/camera-retro/

6 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

I think I have it set up properly and a new box has appeared, but there is nothing in it.

No need <i> tag. Icon name only

icon.jpg

Edited by newbie LAC
28 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

Details sent by PM. Many thanks for your help.

You gave me account which group "Root admin". But " I've only enabled Admin use at the moment while I test".

It's html bug. I'll fix it in next version.

Edited by newbie LAC

Many thanks for your help and patience - much appreciated!

I've been looking for icons like the ones you've used (the colour ones, not the fa ones) with no success (all the ones I've found are too big). Do you have a link where I can find the same ones??

Also, is it possible to change the amount you can give from a DAILY amount to a WEEKLY amount?

Edited by Bill Edwards
On 10/8/2016 at 4:43 AM, newbie LAC said:

You have 100 rep points. I gave you a positive rating. Your reputation is increased by 1 point. Total is 101.

I have 50 rep points. You gave me a negative rating. My reputation is decreased by 1 point. Total is 49.

This does not change the IPS reputation, does it?

It's a separate reputation system.

17 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

All in one or each individually?

Individually.

14 hours ago, Bill Edwards said:

I've been looking for icons like the ones you've used (the colour ones, not the fa ones) with no success (all the ones I've found are too big). Do you have a link where I can find the same ones??

I can give you images. PM me.

14 hours ago, Bill Edwards said:

Also, is it possible to change the amount you can give from a DAILY amount to a WEEKLY amount?

Maybe in the next version I'll change limits system.

5 hours ago, Joel R said:

This does not change the IPS reputation, does it?

It's optional setting added by request. If you don't want to change user reputation when he receives rating you can disable this feature.

5 hours ago, Joel R said:

Individually.

div[data-controller="nbcontentratings.front.ratings.ratings"] .ipsList_inline > li {
	opacity: 0.5;
}
div[data-controller="nbcontentratings.front.ratings.ratings"] .ipsList_inline > li:hover {
	opacity: 1;
}

15 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

It's optional setting added by request. If you don't want to change user reputation when he receives rating you can disable this feature.

I would like this setting please.  

I need the default reputation to + / -, because it affects awards from iAwards.  

15 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

div[data-controller="nbcontentratings.front.ratings.ratings"] .ipsList_inline > li { opacity: 0.5; } div[data-controller="nbcontentratings.front.ratings.ratings"] .ipsList_inline > li:hover { opacity: 1; }

Works perfect.  Thanks!

On 10/9/2016 at 3:44 PM, Bill Edwards said:

Having gone live with this (only 12 hours ago), I would like to say how impressed I am with the depth to which this app goes. All the settings and features that I hoped for are there. I've found some suitable icons and the way we have set it up the need to change the amount period from daily to weekly is not now important.

Many, many thanks for the app, your support and patience.

To keep it simple whilst we introduce our members to this new system (our community resists change) we've set up just three icons for "Like", "Thanks" and "Great Photos" (all positive). I would be interested to know what icons other users have set up though.

Thanks again & all the best

Bill

On 10/3/2016 at 8:36 AM, Simon Woods said:

Go use XenForo, then. 

I do.. as well as IPS.  The XF add-on is 20GBP (about $25 USD) one time fee with life-time upgrades (single major version).

I like the thought of the add-on, but am on the fence over the price and the $20 a year "renewal" terms.  

7 hours ago, Tracy Perry said:

I do.. as well as IPS.  The XF add-on is 20GBP (about $25 USD) one time fee with life-time upgrades (single major version).

I like the thought of the add-on, but am on the fence over the price and the $20 a year "renewal" terms.  

I've used XenForo before. The cheaper prices sure do suit the product.

Just now, Simon Woods said:

I've used XenForo before. The cheaper prices sure do suit the product.

Really?   XenForo has had that add-on since 2012, and I believe it is similar to one that was out for vB prior to that. PostRatings is one of the most sought after style add-ons for other scripts (hell, look at how long it to IPS to get similar to an add-on). And I'm fairly familiar with best 3 of them.  I have licensed Burning Board, IPS and XenForo sites and I am regular participant on all their support boards.

It's long overdue that IPS got a similar add-on.

I guess you think because it "costs more" it's always better.  There is a word for folks like that used by sales people.  It's called  a sucker. ;)

9 minutes ago, Tracy Perry said:

Really?   XenForo has had that add-on since 2012, and I believe it is similar to one that was out for vB prior to that. PostRatings is one of the most sought after style add-ons for other scripts (hell, look at how long it to IPS to get similar to an add-on). And I'm fairly familiar with best 3 of them.  I have licensed Burning Board, IPS and XenForo sites and I am regular participant on all their support boards.

It's long overdue that IPS got a similar add-on.

I guess you think because it "costs more" it's always better.  There is a word for folks like that used by sales people.  It's called  a sucker. ;)

:thumbsup:

Edited by Simon Woods

This doesn't fit in with my community at the minute but maybe in a few months time it will work. I am in the planning stages of making another site which would definitely benefit from using this from the start so maybe I'll get it sooner than I first expected.

As always, newbie LAC's work is worth considering and this is no different

Hello,

You live in 2012 year? Ok, back to the future.

"First Release: Feb 27, 2012"

http://www.exchangerates.org.uk/GBP-USD-27_02_2012-exchange-rate-history.html

1 GBP = 1.5831 USD

20 * 1.5831 = $31.662

I get ($35 - 10% - $0.5) $31 from every sale.

I'm not going to compare software/apps/plugins/etc. Just say it's a support topic.

On 11.10.2016 at 4:43 AM, Joel R said:

I would like this setting please.  

I need the default reputation to + / -, because it affects awards from iAwards.  

Added already in v1.0.1.

Edited by newbie LAC
12 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

You live in 2012 year? Ok, back to the future.

No, but lookie here.. it's 2016 and and the price is stil 20.00GBP with Lifetime updates

And at the current exchange rate, that's $24.40USD at 6:46AM Central time on 10/13/2016.

*Lifetime updates refers to a single XF major version (e.g. 1.x.x) - a small fee may be payable to continue receiving updates if a new XF major version is released more than 6 months after your purchase. This is due to the fact that major XF version releases may require a complete addon rewrite. If this is not the case, the fee may be waived at my discretion. Please consider that this is still a generous policy compared to other addons (which typically offer a 1 year renewal cycle), given that XF 1.x has been going for nearly 5 years now.

And it's a nice add-on.  I'd just l like to see a more reasonable 6 month renewal fee than almost 2/3's the original purchase price.

Edited by T. D. Perry

Please can I suggest a couple of features I'd like to see??

1) At present we don't use the neutral or negative scores - would it be possible to toggle these so I can, if I choose display the present score as just positive, i.e. 0 - as opposed to 0/0/0 ?

2) Would it be possible to have icons available to click that don't add to the members positive/neutral/negative score at all (similar to Facebook 'like' icons)?

These, for me, would be the icing on the cake :)

Many thanks - great app!!

Hello,

7 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

1) At present we don't use the neutral or negative scores - would it be possible to toggle these so I can, if I choose display the present score as just positive, i.e. 0 - as opposed to 0/0/0 ?

I can add a setting to choose what types would be displayed

10 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

2) Would it be possible to have icons available to click that don't add to the members positive/neutral/negative score at all (similar to Facebook 'like' icons)?

If someone else would be interested I will add this feature.

Would it be a new type or an additional setting on add/edit rating's form?

25 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Would it be a new type or an additional setting on add/edit rating's form?

I think either would work for us. My thinking is that I want members to be able to critique posts in a negative way, but don't necessarily want to keep a score of that negativity.

Having thought through my logic, if we could actually edit out the neutral and negative scores so only the positive show, i.e. 0 (as opposed to 0/0/0) then we could add icons with neutral because no one would ever see that score. Does that make sense??