(NB41) Content Ratings

Hi @newbie LAC

I wanted to make you aware that, for some reason, Content  Ratings is incompatible with the Leaderboard.  The content rating DOES increase / decrease a user's reputation, but it's not counting for Leaderboard.  I have empty leaderboard since Dec 3 2016.  Can you investigate?

Edited by Joel R
13 hours ago, Joel R said:

Hi @newbie LAC

I wanted to make you aware that, for some reason, Content  Ratings is incompatible with the Leaderboard.  The content rating DOES increase / decrease a user's reputation, but it's not counting for Leaderboard.  I have empty leaderboard since Dec 3 2016.  Can you investigate?

Hello,

I wrote about app and reputation already.

1 minute ago, newbie LAC said:

ACP - Customization - Themes - Select your theme and click on "Edit HTML and CSS" - tab CSS - Click on custom.css - Add a code and click on "Save" button

customcss.png

Just as you said that I found it! Thanks for the speedy replies!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi buddy,

Excellent idea. I would only suggest to add following improvements:

1. Let admin classify all possible ratings as positive/neutral/negative.
2. Positive ratings should also increase content author basic reputation
3. Negative ratings should also impact author's basic "dislikes" (if enabled)

The concern is quite simple - your plugin is great, but if people will choose ratings, some authors will be disappointed, because in fact their reputation won't grow :)

Thanks!

Hello,

8 hours ago, Ibragim Pupkevich said:

1. Let admin classify all possible ratings as positive/neutral/negative.

Please give more info.

8 hours ago, Ibragim Pupkevich said:

The concern is quite simple - your plugin is great, but if people will choose ratings, some authors will be disappointed, because in fact their reputation won't grow :)

I need to know what to do with neutral rating and what to do with existed likes/reputation points.

Hi,

Gratulation for this plugin.

I want to create a "primary" reputation bar with different icons, f.e. in 48x48px in size, or bigger. It has to be touchable on mobiles.

Is this possible?

And I still want to keep the native IPS reputation system functionality (Like button), but give this standard function button a special "power button" style in same design as your bar. would be a nice feature.

Please tell me, how long to you think, you're going to support this plugin and do maintenance. See, if I introduce such a tool to a very big community, it means a lot risk to me, if the tool disappears anytime from the market... Just to be sure :) 

And I have another question: I already introduced iAwards, and I just think about, if your plugin (in coexistance) could be an overload to a community? To many signs.... Maybe, it would be a great feature to being able to hide the "content ratings reputation bar" by user choice in frontend. Or f.e. also hide in ACP for special usergroups.

Thanks.

Hello,

2 hours ago, Cyboman said:

I want to create a "primary" reputation bar with different icons, f.e. in 48x48px in size, or bigger. It has to be touchable on mobiles.

Is this possible

If you show me an image how it will be looks I'll look into and try to help.

Please tell me, how long to you think, you're going to support this plugin and do maintenance. See, if I introduce such a tool to a very big community, it means a lot risk to me, if the tool disappears anytime from the market... Just to be sure :) 

Check my files https://invisionpower.com/profile/293560-newbie-lac/?do=content&type=downloads_file

Some has been updated from 3.X version. So I will provide support for as long as possible.

And I have another question: I already introduced iAwards, and I just think about, if your plugin (in coexistance) could be an overload to a community? To many signs.... Maybe, it would be a great feature to being able to hide the "content ratings reputation bar" by user choice in frontend. Or f.e. also hide in ACP for special usergroups.

Where to hide? Posts, profile? Do you want to add new tab in Account setings "https://invisionpower.com/settings/" where user can hide rating bar?

• 1 month later...