(NB41) Content Ratings

13 minutes ago, Padgoi_the_Djagloi said:

Ok, so the latest update to the board script now shows TWO rows of content ratings per post.  Every post is showing two rows of content ratings.  What gives?

I went back to Content Ratings version 1.0.4 and it works fine again, only showing one row of ratings.

Hello,

Say hello IPS.

13 minutes ago, Padgoi_the_Djagloi said:

I went back to Content Ratings version 1.0.4 and it works fine again, only showing one row of ratings.

IPS released their own patch to fix the problem

I uploaded version 1.0.6

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm referencing my former post, as I first required time to become clear with my thoughts and requirements for future projects I already think about...

In the meanwhile, I noticed IPS will introduce "reactions", which was almost the feature design I was looking for. So far so good.

But I want to dig in 2 levels deeper...

As I'm looking for gamification solutions with a variation of "reputation/reaction bars", I only get one single reaction bar by IPS.

My ongoing requirements are:

• I dont want only 1 reaction bar. I want several independent ones (maybe, 2 or 5 or more, some of them next to each other, others not) which look exactly like the reactions bar by IPS introduced in 4.2
  • Each reaction bar must have different icons (with different meanings, f.e. values, not only positive or negative) and each reaction counts towards different total reputation scores. So likes or "ratings" in these bars count to different total counts.
  • These reaction bars can be placed on different places, f.e. just regularily above posts, but maybe only on profile pages or on self developed IP.pages. Some flexibility..
  • There must be special overview pages (maybe realized with IP.pages), where I could display analyzations, maybe in percentage overviews.

For example, if you look at fitness tracker app software and analyzation websites (f.e. fitbit.com), they collect a lot data and manipulate it after some primitive calculations into a proposition for the user... The only difference between them and me shall be: they collect data by tracking devices..., I want to collect the data by user feedback, generated by different reaction bars.

Do you think your modification could go into this direction one day?

Maybe my post is just an idea on how your content ratings plugin could become even more powerful with new ideas...

Thanks anyway.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

9 hours ago, Asm said:

I use this addon on 3.4.9. Can i move all data if i buy 4.1.x and this version of addon?

You can't use this application on 3.4.9. I think you use similar app created by Saiga. I don't know how his app works and stores data.

• 9 months later...

Hey there,

I've noticed that we're unable to open some users profiles unless reactions is disabled. We receive the following errors.

ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function IPS\Theme\Cache\nbcontentratings_hook_nbContentRatingsReputation::reputationMini(), 1 passed in /usr/share/nginx/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php on line 56 and exactly 5 expected (0)
#0 /usr/share/nginx/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\Cache\nbcontentratings_hook_nbContentRatingsReputation->reputationMini(Object(IPS\core\Statuses\Status))
#1 /usr/share/nginx/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(416): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('reputationMini', Array)
#2 /usr/share/nginx/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_statuses->statusContainer(Object(IPS\core\Statuses\Status), Array, Array, false)
#3 /usr/share/nginx/html/applications/core/sources/Statuses/Status.php(703): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('statusContainer', Array)
#4 [internal function]: IPS\core\Statuses\_Status::searchResult(Array, Array, Array, NULL, Array, NULL, false, 'expanded', false, false, NULL, Array)
#5 /usr/share/nginx/html/system/Content/Search/Result/Content.php(93): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Array, NULL, Array, NULL, false, 'expanded', false, false, NULL, Array)
#6 /usr/share/nginx/html/uploads/template_11_af46883c13caa197f9e387620d19e6ec_profile.php(2495): IPS\Content\Search\Result\_Content->html()
#7 /usr/share/nginx/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_profile->profileActivity(Object(IPS\Member), Array, NULL)
#8 /usr/share/nginx/html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(274): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('profileActivity', Array)
#9 /usr/share/nginx/html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#10 /usr/share/nginx/html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(64): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /usr/share/nginx/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#12 /usr/share/nginx/html/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

Any ideas?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Can this be used on Pages?  The reason for asking is that a rating can only be given in any Pages use if the one rating also posts a review, which I find is very limiting and can also put people off from rating because they don't want/can't write a review.

With thanks

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2021 at 6:47 AM, Davyc said:

Can this be used on Pages?  The reason for asking is that a rating can only be given in any Pages use if the one rating also posts a review, which I find is very limiting and can also put people off from rating because they don't want/can't write a review.

With thanks

+1 I have the same exact question. Does it work on Pages? @newbie LAC