11 hours ago, broni said:

What about my earlier post?

I'm with IPB 4.3.3 and all I'm getting is " No posts were found. "

Any solution to it?

At FB page: https://developers.facebook.com/status/issues/205942813488872/

" This should be resolved now as part of the announcement at F8. "

What do you mean by " So far I can see you must approve your app to use it. "
Approve what and where?

I am currently waiting until facebook reviewed my app so that I can say whether this is the solution or not. Seems without approved App you will always get no data back. I am waiting since more than one week ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 8:16 AM, tsdevelopment said:

Should work with all endpoints of type 'posts'. Currently I am still waiting until Facebook reviewed my app. I don't know why it costs so much time. I am really sorry for that ?

Thanks for your reply.

I know that FB is a pain in the..... as i am working in a major  Software Company that have also adapters for FB.FB gives no commitment, no SLA and they are constantly changing their APIs without notice.... I hope you get it sorted soon!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2018 at 11:48 PM, broni said:

What do you mean by " disagreed "?

Facebook wants you to make a screencast to review your app since they have new standards. There you must show how your app interacts with their login data and several tings more. But here comes the problem: my app does not interact with login data or anything else. I only need an active app to fetch posts from their API. I wrote that in the review description and they did not accepted that. Now I have to discuss with them how they accept my app in their forum. Seems to become a long way... ? 

• 3 months later...

Better late than never. Facebook updated their docs and it seems to be possible to use their API without reviewing your app. So I updated the plugin with a new field where you can put your access token. You can read in the plugin description how to create a never expiring token. Hope that helps! Works like a charme!

6 hours ago, broni said:

I just updated your app but "Facebook activity" tab is still empty.

Unless it doesn't work backwards. Only with new posts from now on.

I can not confirm that. I see all my posts I've ever made. Must be a token issue. Try the following: Go to the API Expolorer (https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer/) and put your access token into the token field. Then fetch the following endpoint: /your-pagename/posts. You should see all your posts or an error message.

You also should check if the user where you create the permanent token from has enough rights. Therefore you can go to the Role tab in your app.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello, when installed on Invision v4.4.3 I am getting an empty field where Facebook posts should appear. I have entered the pagename (tried both alpha and numeric), app ID, app secret and generated an access token. Note, permanent tokens are apparently not currently available.

When I tested via Facebook my feeds show, but they do not appear on my forum. I double checked permissions via Invision CP. Forum shows "No posts were found".  I'm checking to see if you are aware of any issues presently or if you spot an error I may have made. 

Edited by Loni Barrett
  • 8 months later...
On 1/26/2020 at 2:23 PM, tsdevelopment said:

I think my screenshots also show images from Instagram & Facebook. It's possible. If something is missing please tell me.

The screenshots mostly show Facebook & Twitter.

I think there is only 1 screenshot of Instagram (the last screenshot) - and there is no visible picture/media in it. It just looks like text with the users profile picture?

I'm considering an Instagram feed, but if it doesn't show the picture/video media from the Instagram post - I don't see the purpose in using it.

22 minutes ago, haqzore said:

The screenshots mostly show Facebook & Twitter.

I think there is only 1 screenshot of Instagram (the last screenshot) - and there is no visible picture/media in it. It just looks like text with the users profile picture?

I'm considering an Instagram feed, but if it doesn't show the picture/video media from the Instagram post - I don't see the purpose in using it.

It does not show the profile image. It shows the image from Instagram. When you click on it you will be redirected to post on Instagram.

9 minutes ago, tsdevelopment said:

It does not show the profile image. It shows the image from Instagram. When you click on it you will be redirected to post on Instagram.

This is the only Instagram screenshot in the resource.

The tiny pictures on the left are the Instagram media images?

itzknotty-instagram-widget.png.ba8add44ee3e74c40a8d5fdd6712078c.png.2c8b0730a5d3db1ed9c46a3df1688cc1.png