Discord intergration

EmpireKicking

True integration will have to come from an IPS/Discord collaboration. Discord provides oAuth but only as a server, not a client. That means we could work up a login to your IPS forums with your Discord account thing but not take IPS accounts and use them to log into your Discord channel. This has been investigated for awhile now and nothing has changed.

Sorry.

15 hours ago, Flitterkill said:

True integration will have to come from an IPS/Discord collaboration. Discord provides oAuth but only as a server, not a client. That means we could work up a login to your IPS forums with your Discord account thing but not take IPS accounts and use them to log into your Discord channel. This has been investigated for awhile now and nothing has changed.

Sorry.

Discord is always updating there system, and there will always be an future 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What we did is that we added a profile field where you can put in your discord tag Name#1234
Then when your write !syncPerms in discord, the bot will look at your id and look for a matching user record and update your discord groups accordingly

If you need more info or help please let me know

On 11/1/2016 at 3:34 PM, SteffM said:

What we did is that we added a profile field where you can put in your discord tag Name#1234
Then when your write !syncPerms in discord, the bot will look at your id and look for a matching user record and update your discord groups accordingly

If you need more info or help please let me know

That sounds like an cool idea you added, so you coded the bot to be liked? and what else can be coded that she;; be linked to the site, It's status update! maybe?

be good that you show as how you did it and the commands, be an good tutorial

16 hours ago, EmpireKickass said:

That sounds like an cool idea you added, so you coded the bot to be liked? and what else can be coded that she;; be linked to the site, It's status update! maybe?

be good that you show as how you did it and the commands, be an good tutorial

Today I did some extra work on the bot I had, this was the result:

308b033e40ba48339f255f0c84212bf5.png

I am thinking about writing a Plugin for IPB that can do this but am still unsure of some topics.
If you guys have some suggestions I can implement them and hopefully release a tutorial/plugin:

• I now use a command to sync this, could it be done real-time with IPB Update Member Hooks?
  • What happends if a group is removed/added to a member, when should I update discord(hooks)?
  • A profile Field is now used to associate IPB Users with discord users, ideally I want to use a button on IPB that connects them to discord with a special invite link, which then I can associate the discord user that is connecting with that link with the IPB user

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, SteffM said:

Today I did some extra work on the bot I had, this was the result:

308b033e40ba48339f255f0c84212bf5.png

I am thinking about writing a Plugin for IPB that can do this but am still unsure of some topics.
If you guys have some suggestions I can implement them and hopefully release a tutorial/plugin:

• I now use a command to sync this, could it be done real-time with IPB Update Member Hooks?
  • What happends if a group is removed/added to a member, when should I update discord(hooks)?
  • A profile Field is now used to associate IPB Users with discord users, ideally I want to use a button on IPB that connects them to discord with a special invite link, which then I can associate the discord user that is connecting with that link with the IPB user

Thoughts?

Great idea, And here are some more

1. if an member gets banned, they get removed from the server
  2. when they find the server they can join the server but they need to join the website to able to get full permissions 
  3. Yeah! if there is an announcement topic, it gets posted on the server and also you might want to check out if you can link it with RSS

What bot are you using? is it hosted? can it be done with bots like Aethex or others that are already hosted. 

1 hour ago, EmpireKickass said:

Great idea, And here are some more

1. if an member gets banned, they get removed from the server
  2. when they find the server they can join the server but they need to join the website to able to get full permissions 
  3. Yeah! if there is an announcement topic, it gets posted on the server and also you might want to check out if you can link it with RSS

What bot are you using? is it hosted? can it be done with bots like Aethex or others that are already hosted. 

I am currently using discord.js in combination with NodeJS and a self written bot that uses mysql to connect to IPB to search by User Field.
Unfortunately the API doesn't allow searches on a specific table, therefore I had to query it directly...

1 and 2 is something I really would like to achieve with this.

Just need to find a way to make this modular and usable for others, as you do need a discord bot and a connection to IPB

1 hour ago, amator said:

Not sure what do you want to accomplish. Can you explain the whole process?

I'd like to make available some piece of code that allows your forum users, to connect to discord and get their permissions based on the groups they have assigned in IPB.

So if I have Admin in IPB, I want to have Admin on Discord.

The reason for this is if your organisation gets bigger, in my case, > 500 unique visitors in one week on TeamSpeak, there is no way the admins can keep up with assigning all the groups.

Therefore we already have an automatic system in place for TS, but because of all the dependencies(TS Whitelist required, server required etc.), it was impossible to explain how to set something like that up, but with discord, that should be easier

21 minutes ago, SteffM said:

allows your forum users, to connect to discord

Pretty nice. How this connection is made?

I was more interested in a way to facilitate one on one chat between members. Member X wants to chat with member Y > member X clicks on the profile discord button.

• 1 month later...

I'm actually considering making my own Discord integration app (would be like my TS app minus the admin stuff probably). 

Will probably need it for myself anyway, currently do not have much spare time though so would take me months, most likely. If there is much demand for it, I can try to prioritize it though.

10 minutes ago, Ahmad E. said:

I'm actually considering making my own Discord integration app (would be like my TS app minus the admin stuff probably). 

Will probably need it for myself anyway, currently do not have much spare time though so would take me months, most likely. If there is much demand for it, I can try to prioritize it though.

Well lets see how demanding it is. U'm thumbs up and so are three other people.

Archived