Board Index = Blank

Lunars

So, after upgrading my IPB... the board index when you load it, is just a blank slate. Literally nothing is loaded. HOWEVER, I can view topics, posts, comments, etc. in other parts of the forum.... its just the board index is blank and isnt loading... Anyone have any ideas as to why?

10 hours ago, R-023 said:

Upgraded from where? 

3.x or 4.x 

What have you on your index? 

More information is useful to get a idea. 

Upgrade from 4.1.12 to 4.1.13.2. Nothing it's just the board index that lists all your forums / sidebar. It's just a blank page. I don't get a error log, Nothing appears in my logs, if I go to any topics / posts the forums works... its just a blank page when viewing the board index. My permissions are right to execute the index.php so I'm not sure why it isn't being read/seen.

If it makes it any better... for some odd reason, when I'm in a sub-forum and I want to add a widget block... my whole list of blocks isn't available. It's just black.

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 12.06.44 PM.png

Also, if I click on an ad, I get this urL; ?app=core&module=system&controller=redirect&do=advertisement&ad=3&csrfKey=96ed46b2bf1509d935e221e6cb23f959 however, going to that url gives me a blank page.

So

• Board index - blank
  • Redirect - blank
  • Block Manager - blank

My forums is currently: www.example.com/forums/ but going to that URL gives me a blank page... but if I did www.example.com/forums/index.php? it works.... What can be the issue?

htaccess:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
Options -MultiViews
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /forums/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule \.(js|css|jpeg|jpg|gif|png|ico|map)(\?|$) /forums/404error.php [L,NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /forums/index.php [L]
</IfModule>

It sounds like a plugin issue. Had this happen once when I forgot to disable a plugin that was rather old (Facebook Like - now unsupported). In your ACP disable all your plugins and see if that restores access.

It sounds like a plugin issue. Had this happen once when I forgot to disable a plugin that was rather old (Facebook Like - now unsupported). In your ACP disable all your plugins and see if that restores access.

I think theres a file being blocked or not being read properly because look:

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 8.32.11 PM.png

It just spins and spins and the 'pop ups' don't work either. However, I don't see a error in the webpage so I don't know what file is being blocked/not read.

20 minutes ago, Tarun said:

I personally would disable all plugins, flush the cache in the Support area, and refresh the License information. Plus test in another browser. If all this fails, as Mark has said, submit a ticket.

How do you flush the cache?

17 hours ago, Tarun said:

System > Support > Something isn't working correctly.

I see. Thanks. Just one more question. In my ipb_core_applications , the the app_long_version for IPB 4.1.13.2 supposed to be 101040?

1 hour ago, Lunars said:

I see. Thanks. Just one more question. In my ipb_core_applications , the the app_long_version for IPB 4.1.13.2 supposed to be 101040?

^_^ But it should be 101041

app_vers.png

The awol 'app_author' you may have or not, IIRC a fresh install may do that, I do have a bug report on it anyway so its nothing to be concerned about.

6 hours ago, AndyF said:

^_^ But it should be 101041

The awol 'app_author' you may have or not, IIRC a fresh install may do that, I do have a bug report on it anyway so its nothing to be concerned about.

Would it be safe to just manually overwrite them to 101041?

Archived