500 Error not logging

I'm running a plain Apache / MySQL setup on my Centos server.  PHP 5.6. 

I'm not able to upload images to Gallery.  Rather the image uploads, is available on the server, but when I hit 'continue' to actually save the image in my gallery I get a 500 Internal Server Error.  

All 500 errors I've ever gotten before have always been logged in the servers error logs.  /var/log/httpd.  For some reason, any 500 error that's generated by an AJAX request is NOT getting logged.  I'm at a loss in diagnosing what the server is getting caught up on here.

log_errors On
error_reporting E_ALL 

Things I've done so far... 

1) Re-upload all IPS files

2) chown recursively all files in my sites directory to the correct owner. 

Short of checking each and every file for permissions, I'm at a loss of where to go from here.

0610%h0620 8ak00.png

0610%h0654 mppwe.png

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get errors thrown on AJAX requests in the servers error_log so they can be properly diagnosed?

4 hours ago, ASTRAPI said:

Are files and folders permissions correct?

I know ownership is correct.  755 for directories 644 for files?

This 'ought to do it, right?...

find . -type d -exec chmod 0755 {} \;
find . -type f -exec chmod 0644 {} \;

Then I just need to hit /datastore, /downloads, /plugins, /applications, /screeenshots, /uploads as 777...

Everything is apache:apache. 

That was the first thing I did was recursively change all files to the above. Just in case some random files changed owner after upload. 

Forum uploads works fine. It's just Gallery throwing the error. 

9 minutes ago, Mark H said:

This sounds vaguely familiar......

Is your server using suPHP?

And is it a WHM/cPanel server?

No and no. :( Its a VPS running 2 IPS4 sites. I just can't seem to capture this one 500 error that would help point to the issue. 

Server API: Apache 2.0 Handler

Apache 2.2.15

PHP 5.6.22

1 hour ago, Aiwa said:

No and no. :( Its a VPS running 2 IPS4 sites. I just can't seem to capture this one 500 error that would help point to the issue. 

Server API: Apache 2.0 Handler

Apache 2.2.15

PHP 5.6.22

Than I'm rather baffled too. The 500 Error you see, though..... is it the "server" 500 page, or "ours"?

7 minutes ago, Mark H said:

Than I'm rather baffled too. The 500 Error you see, though..... is it the "server" 500 page, or "ours"?

It's on an AJAX call, screenshots above. The only reference I can get to a 500 error is in the browser developer tools. As far as Gallery is concerned, it just sites there with a spinning icon for all eternity. 

I'm not actually delivered ANY error page, only reference is in the browser. 

There has to be a way to capture this error in the server logs. 

I've not actually tested Gallery since upgrading to IPS4 two weeks ago. So I don't know if this ever worked. And I am running 4.1.12.2. 

Just now, Mark H said:

Hmm... I'd suggest filing a ticket then. This could be a bug, and if it is we'd want to squash it of course.

I'll try one more thing before submitting a ticket... I know this is going to be one of those gray area tickets, which is why I started here... If I can just capture the error, it'd point me in the right direction hopefully.  

26 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

So maybe I'm not crazy! 

no you are, its just now you have company ^_^

I've seen a similar problem to this too with ajax and gallery, it was a problem with the php.ini upload size limits and post size limits (the upload was greater than the post size limit).

3 hours ago, Adlago said:

Try without htaccess file

The only thing in the .htaccess file is the mod_rewrite for FURL's and some IP denies.  

I kid you not, this is the most plain jane apache / php server configuration there is...

1 minute ago, Aiwa said:

@CheersnGears If you have Gallery, you might also run into this on your upgrade.  Your site seems to be having many of the same missing default values as mine.  

My IPS 4 Dev site is in drydock with the IPS development team at the moment, or else I'd go check.   What they found most recently was that many of my members were missing a nexus_customer row, so the installer would bomb.  My database dates back to 2003, i.e. before Nexus existed.... so any members that joined before I installed Nexus circa 2012 would be missing the row. 

1 minute ago, CheersnGears said:

My IPS 4 Dev site is in drydock with the IPS development team at the moment, or else I'd go check.   What they found most recently was that many of my members were missing a nexus_customer row, so the installer would bomb.  My database dates back to 2003, i.e. before Nexus existed.... so any members that joined before I installed Nexus circa 2012 would be missing the row. 

Ouch.  Keep this Gallery issue in the back of your mind to test once you get access to your site.  Simple fix, after the fact, but another thing to potentially address.  

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Did you get a solution?

I am currently getting this error out of the system logs, driving me crazy:

INSERT INTO `x_utf_gallery_images_uploads` ( `upload_session`, `upload_member_id`, `upload_location`, `upload_file_name`, `upload_date` ) VALUES ( 'sckpo6km2a3rep8g8fdol0rro6', 6163, 'monthly_2016_11/583ec7a1a6b2c_ScreenShot2016-11-29at17_03_01.png.2b8a191c79da423e17925f06d56815ba.png', 'Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 17.03.01.png', 1480509346 )
IPS\Db\Exception: Field 'upload_key' doesn't have a default value (1364)

Archived