entering custom line item on price when creating a new invoi

Adam.M

Currently in Commerce, when you create an invoice for a member, you pick the Package to be applied to the invoice. It inserts the price of the item, and does not give you the option to edit the price, amount paid, amount to be paid, etc.

This is a problem if, for example, someone mailed in a payment at a discounted rate. I still want to give them the full benefit of the appropriate package, but I don't want Commerce to force me to use the standard price that the package is set up with. In this example, we would be creating the invoice and immediately marking it as "Paid" as there is no way to grant access to the Package without first creating the invoice.

In Subscriptions, it was an option to simply enter the amount paid when picking the package. 

• Management

You can create a misellaneous charge with a negative number. For example, if I wanted to discount a new license by $10, I'd create an invoice, select the license, then "add miscellaneous charge" and enter "-10." 

20 hours ago, Lindy said:

You can create a misellaneous charge with a negative number. For example, if I wanted to discount a new license by $10, I'd create an invoice, select the license, then "add miscellaneous charge" and enter "-10." 

I think that might be a start, but one thing we've noticed is that if you enter a -.01 Commerce rounds it to .10.

We use several different merchant accounts, and in order to track each one, and still utilize Commerce, we set each "shopping cart" to a slightly different price.

Example:

Commerce is 1.99

Cart B is 1.98

Mail in is 1.97

etc etc

yet.... see here:

rounding.png

Archived