Remove index.php? from url?

joshuaj

Hi friends.

I have installed a fresh copy of IP4 in the root directory and enabled SEO Friendly URLs. The urls look great until I go to a page from Pages. The url will have the index.php?/pagename.

Is there a way to remove the index.php? from the url string?

I opened a ticket up in the Q&A section as well

Thanks for the help. The new software looks good, but it is taking me a bit of research to re-learn things.

• 5 months later...

Bringing this one back to the top.  I'm sure it has likely been answered numerous time before, but I'm having a problem finding the answer because of the widespread use of that phrase..

I just created a home page in Pages, set Pages as the default app, and the newly-created home page as the default page in Pages. Everything works, but...

Now, all the pages inside the community with the exception of that new home page show /index.php?/ as part of the UR, such as /index.php?/forums/

How do I get the /index.php?/ out of the URLs?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, KentT said:

Bringing this one back to the top.  I'm sure it has likely been answered numerous time before, but I'm having a problem finding the answer because of the widespread use of that phrase..

I just created a home page in Pages, set Pages as the default app, and the newly-created home page as the default page in Pages. Everything works, but...

Now, all the pages inside the community with the exception of that new home page show /index.php?/ as part of the UR, such as /index.php?/forums/

How do I get the /index.php?/ out of the URLs?

Thanks!

Sounds like you just need to turn on Rewritten URLs in ACP -> System -> Search Engine Optimization.

Thanks for the reply!

I have Rewitten URLs active. I've downloaded the current .htaccess file and it includes exactly (and only) the content of the file linked in the ACP, but my URLs still contain the /index.php?/ 

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
Options -MultiViews
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule \.(js|css|jpeg|jpg|gif|png|ico|map)(\?|$) /404error.php [L,NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

I guess it is time to open a ticket, though I am not hosted in their Cloud.

4 minutes ago, KentT said:

Thanks for the reply!

I have Rewitten URLs active. I've downloaded the current .htaccess file and it includes exactly (and only) the content of the file linked in the ACP, but my URLs still contain the /index.php?/ 

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
Options -MultiViews
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule \.(js|css|jpeg|jpg|gif|png|ico|map)(\?|$) /404error.php [L,NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

I guess it is time to open a ticket, though I am not hosted in their Cloud.

Please ensure that you have saved after triggering Rewritten URLs and no errors show. Please also ensure that you're running Apache, if you're running another web server this will not work.

It doesn't matter if you're hosted in our Cloud. If you have an active license, you have access to support ^_^ 

Archived