One week to pay an invoice before it expires, really??

CheersnGears

I received my renewal notice on 4/4 and as of today the invoice is expired with no way to pay it in your system?  Even the worst of the evil banks gives you 20 days to pay.....

Either you need to send out the invoice at minimum 13 days sooner or you need a longer time till the invoice expires.   Something needs to be adjusted here.

I already just re-activated my licenses and moved on because the price was the same.  This is no longer an issue with my license.

I'm taking issue with the fact that the invoice expired after 7 days without a way to pay that invoice directly on the 7th day.... the time is too short from initial notice to invoice expiration.  Also, in the e-mail sent to me today stating that my license had expired, the button inviting me to renew took me to the invoice area where there were no invoices to be had.    It isn't a very user friendly experience. 

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 11:08 PM, CheersnGears said:

I already just re-activated my licenses and moved on because the price was the same.  This is no longer an issue with my license.

I'm taking issue with the fact that the invoice expired after 7 days without a way to pay that invoice directly on the 7th day.... the time is too short from initial notice to invoice expiration.  Also, in the e-mail sent to me today stating that my license had expired, the button inviting me to renew took me to the invoice area where there were no invoices to be had.    It isn't a very user friendly experience. 

As I recall it used to be a few weeks (maybe a month) before that invoice would be sent out but found that those members who had credit in their account it would be taken immediately and not when invoice was due (or a week before) which may explain why only a week given now

If payment was automatically taken a month before actually due (members with credit in their account) then they may not want to renew (a month is a long time and people may change their minds about renewing when it was due) so think a week before was the compromise, I could be wrong with my explanation though

Most companies though give you a few days grace to pay an invoice after date of expiry ... perhaps that is an option for IPS instead of invoice cancelled on the date of renewal ?

• Management

They're still generated one week prior to product/service expiration -- we used to have it longer, but when invoices are generated, if there's a card on file, it's auto-charged at that time. Some weren't happy with the fact they were being charged so early, so the invoice generation was reduced to 7 days prior to expiration. That said, the invoice itself won't expire for 30 days, you can pay anytime within that period. 

Hope that helps.

It does.  That sounds perfectly reasonable.   My issue was that I was sent an email saying "Your license has expired, renew here" on the day of license expiration, but the link in that email didn't take me to an invoice I could pay.   It sounds like you fixed that. 

• 1 year later...

Archived