Cron set up

svit

Hello,

When trying to set-up cron with my ISP today for the first time, I have realized that their ACP enables enter URL of the cron task only. What it means I cannot enter the unique code which is required by IPS script ..e.g. "...task.php 654354354321". Before giving up, has anyone come across similar problem, and is there any way of going around? 

The IPS's helpdesk say the code should be ideally triggered by the script and not as a parameter.. Thank you in advance for any advise. 

7 hours ago, svit said:

It looks like they have their own custom made system which requires URL

I can enter this

"http://www.mysite.cz/applications/core/interface/task/task.php"

But I cannot enter this: (which is required by IPS

"http://www.mysite.cz/www/applications/core/interface/task/task.php 8439ee0b913213213993b1a62sdfd0e2e19044"

It's only required if you are using CRON specifically.

If they provide something that requires a URL then you need to choose the 'Use web service' option for CRON in the ACP and use the provided URL.

If you don't have the 'Use web service' then upgrade to the latest IPS version and you will then have it.

From an IPS point of view - just look at the tasks and monitor the 'Next scheduled  run' column....if it is in the past, then you've got a problem. To figure out that problem, check the logs on the server (for normal CRON) or the logs on whatever web service is being used to run the cron job for you (easycron, for example)

I use server CRON, and have it configured to send me emails if errors occur with running the actual cron job. If there are issues with the actual running of tasks, then the IPS logs themselves will contain errors.

12 minutes ago, opentype said:

Interesting. Didn’t know that. 

Can I check somewhere in the ACP that whether this is working correctly once set up?

There's no need to check if it is working correctly.

IPS 4.1.7 or 4.1.8 (not sure in what version we included it) will show a warning on your ACP Dashboard if the tasks are not running

Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.c3cf363a18581a0effb8

From an IPS point of view - just look at the tasks and monitor the 'Next scheduled  run' column....if it is in the past, then you've got a problem

That's exactly what we're doing ;) We're showing the warning if the date is in the past AND if the task is enabled (that's the most important part which you've forgotten to mention ;)

13 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

There's no need to check if it is working correctly.

IPS 4.1.7 or 4.1.8 (not sure in what version we included it) will show a warning on your ACP Dashboard if the tasks are not running

Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.c3cf363a18581a0effb8

That's exactly what we're doing ;) We're showing the warning if the date is in the past AND if the task is enabled (that's the most important part which you've forgotten to mention ;)

Where's the 'enabled' column in the tasks list then? ;)

Screenshot_19.thumb.png.03e5ff6cdb089f9c

Archived