All topics have 0 views after upgrade

Jordan Miller

2 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

I have a ton of background processes that need to be run but I have no idea how to do it. I have a ticket in with IPB since several days ago but they take ages to respond usually.

Background processes usually take days to complete if you have a large forum.

P.S. Hey Jordan!

47 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Hello! And these bg processes have been in the queue for two weeks now. There's a manual way to run them apparently but no idea.

The background processes can be ran manually, on your dashboard below the processes there is a link to allow you to do this. -- You do not need to do this if you are already using a CRON.

I would however recommend that you set a CRON job up (if possible) - search for CRON in the AdminCP. As Kirill noted, they can still take some time to run for a large community.

We'll work with you in your ticket to investigate the slow update of view counts.

8 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

The background processes can be ran manually, on your dashboard below the processes there is a link to allow you to do this. -- You do not need to do this if you are already using a CRON.

I would however recommend that you set a CRON job up (if possible) - search for CRON in the AdminCP. As Kirill noted, they can still take some time to run for a large community.

We'll work with you in your ticket to investigate the slow update of view counts.

CRON should be working properly now.

Archived