Anyone using google responsive advert in IPS4....?

Gauravk

I am facing some strange issue when I am using google responsive advert, everywhere ads work fine as expected but while creating a new topic it loads tall banner in place of horizontal leader board. Anyone else experiencing same....?

Support asked me to use stock blue color theme and it's showing same problem in that as well.

Do you have sizes set up in your Google account for that ad slot? If not, and Google will figure out the size from the site content itself, you could wrap your ad space with a div and set some max-widths there. Then Google should pick that up and not deliver ads which would exceed those values. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks opentype for suggesting the div max-width idea. This idea worked half way by restricting the IPB layout to max height of 90, but google responsive code still didn't listen to this restriction. lol. This is generally happening while posting any content majorly.

Check the capture3 with google standard responsive codes

<div style="100%">
    <div style="max-width:728px;max-height:100px;">

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- Carnity Header Responsive -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-8184112565942941"
     data-ad-slot="6454577127"
     data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

</div>
</div>

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Change data-ad-format="auto" to data-ad-format="horizontal" 

Also no need to load the script with every ad, just stick (below) in between your head tags and you can remove it from the rest of your ad code

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

Archived