Fresh install of 4.0.3, FTP settings?

Staralfur

Hi all,

I just bought the software with all apps except downloads, and am looking to install 4.0.3, but I'm confused about the uploading of files. The upload instructions say:

If you are installing IP.Nexus or IP.Converge, you must ensure your FTP client is set to upload files in binary mode before uploading.

So what does that mean for the general upload of the site? Should I just upload the whole thing in auto mode? Or binary for certain subfolders?

I am hosting the IPS suite on my own VPS, not using cloud.

Thanks for any help.

Awesome, thanks for that. I had 2 more questions relating to IPB, if you or someone else can help me out with them I'd be super grateful.

1) I'm looking for a social groups mod. Is it true that there aren't any for 4.x yet?

2) Am I better off waiting a few more weeks to install my site (for more stable versions of IPB to come out) rather than trying to update the versions weekly myself? I say this because I'm a newbie and it seems people on this forum are having trouble with the updates. Or can I just submit an update request to the IPB staff and they do it for me? Would that be more foolproof or can things still go wrong? I'm nervous of tinkering with my site and then either losing the changes, or the site not working properly anymore. I guess I'm also just unsure of whether 4.0.3 is stable enough for a production site.

Thanks again all.

What software is using your live site?

Search for Marketplace for social groups mod, but I think there is one over there...

If you are not comfortable upgrading you don't need to upgrade all minor upgrades, you must think that it fix minor problems that don't affect the stability of the site...

hola, de nuevo equipo gracias por la mera respuesta si puedo entrar detallo mejor el problema en español mi comunidad es www.foro.raidcall.es el problema es el siguiente  creo que vino justo despues de instalar la ultima actualizacion 4.0.3   hace como unas 6 horas justo cuando el equipo de support de invision me soluciono otro problema que era que no mostraba el chat.

lo que ocurre mis administradores como visitantes cuando intentar entrar se queda como cargando el foro osea e blanco la pagina no entra o si entra lo hace despues varios minutos sin embargo pense que era del hosting pero no por que el dominio principal es www.raidcall.es carga al instante. entiendo que se podra solucionar si me das las soluciones seria de gran ayuda. por favor. tambien he visto que se ofrece el paquete de idioma español excelente la semana que biene procedo a la compra del mismo aunque yo hice mi propia traducion la de tu comunidad es mejor. 

a la espera de tu respuesta añadir como ultimo desde el movil a entrar al foro cuando por fin entra al hacer click en cualquier tema no abre espero me ayudes gracias perdona las molestias

Awesome, thanks for that. I had 2 more questions relating to IPB, if you or someone else can help me out with them I'd be super grateful.

1) I'm looking for a social groups mod. Is it true that there aren't any for 4.x yet?

2) Am I better off waiting a few more weeks to install my site (for more stable versions of IPB to come out) rather than trying to update the versions weekly myself? I say this because I'm a newbie and it seems people on this forum are having trouble with the updates. Or can I just submit an update request to the IPB staff and they do it for me? Would that be more foolproof or can things still go wrong? I'm nervous of tinkering with my site and then either losing the changes, or the site not working properly anymore. I guess I'm also just unsure of whether 4.0.3 is stable enough for a production site.

Thanks again all.

There's definitely a social groups mod for IPS 4 that's quite advanced.  Check with @Kevin Carwile

Archived