Google SMTP

dieselpowered

Has anyone been successful in sending validation e mails through Google's SMTP servers?

I have been told that it is better to use SMTP versus PHPMail.

Any help is appreciated!

​Mandrill is free under a certain volume and they have lots of tracking resources that are quite useful in monitoring what is going on with your email.  I highly suggest using them plus the app Mandrill Bouncer

​Mandrill is free under a certain volume and they have lots of tracking resources that are quite useful in monitoring what is going on with your email.  I highly suggest using them plus the app Mandrill Bouncer

​I am using mandrill and none of my users are reviving mails on Hotmail/Outlook, they are being entirely rejected.. Worked fine with mailjet, but mailjet has these ugly limits.

​I am using mandrill and none of my users are reviving mails on Hotmail/Outlook, they are being entirely rejected.. Worked fine with mailjet, but mailjet has these ugly limits.

​I would look into why they are being rejected and fix that rather than switch to Google SMTP. There could be some configuration quirk that Outlook.com/Hotmail.com is looking for but isn't there.  Mandrill is one of the largest senders of this sort of bulk mail in the world... there has to be a solution for Hotmail.com

​I would look into why they are being rejected and fix that rather than switch to Google SMTP. There could be some configuration quirk that Outlook.com/Hotmail.com is looking for but isn't there.  Mandrill is one of the largest senders of this sort of bulk mail in the world... there has to be a solution for Hotmail.com

​I did some google research and I see tons of people are having exactly same issue with no fix.

​I'm sending to Outlook.com and Hotmail.com through Mandrill successfully... so there must be something different about how I have things set up. 

​Yeah, i don't understand it. All settings looks properly to me... It makes no sense that only hotmail rejects it.

Do you have a new domain? or new email accounts?

Hotmail is very sensitive about that .. best tip is to get some people/friends to fill in the "trusted sender" in hotmail / live online ..

Then your emails will pass hotmail hell mail gate and everything will start at this point .. Hotmail will start to screen/flag your emails as "not junk" & not block completely .. it will take a few weeks to get it going for people that didn't have you in their "trusted sender" list .. and be sure you not start sending emails that you will think your members will but in their spam folder .. otherwise it's going bad ..

Archived