Development Section

John 3:16

Is it possible we could get a dev section in the IPS4 Category of the forum.  I would like a place to ask what class to extend and the bits and pieces of plugin development I simply don't get.  There seems to be a need for it, in my eyes anyway.  Not sure if any of the current devs would step up and be able to help, mainly I am sure due to time restraints.

Yes please!

I'd love it, especially as I am trying to learn a new development environment, the ICS structure, calls and code, a new language and, as usual, trying to do fairly complex stuff from the word go :).

Kind regards, Wim

• Management

Thanks Lindy, it's not what I had in mind but I know you can only do so much.

​I'm confused - what did you have in mind? You said you'd like a place to ask development questions - so I dedicated that forum to that purpose. I'm sure our devs are willing to help, time permitting. What else were you looking for? 

Thanks Lindy, it's not what I had in mind but I know you can only do so much.

Thanks, Lindy :).

I think it is a good start, even if I had something else in mind as well :).

Kind regards, Wim

​I'm confused - what did you have in mind? You said you'd like a place to ask development questions - so I dedicated that forum to that purpose. I'm sure our devs are willing to help, time permitting. What else were you looking for? 

I'm sure contributors will pop in to help as well when they can. :)

ISP4 is built from the ground up, right? I see the Dev section as being in the "IPS Community Suite 4.0" Category.  Mixing it in with 3.4.x dev stuff does not make sense to me as it would happen in the Community Engagement section.  Whatever you decide is your call Lindy, but to me (a non-dev) it makes more sense in the flow of things.  When I think of what attracts a non-dev to use IPS over other forum software, it's always what you can do for that person, not the other way around.

Archived