Permissions for blocks?

MMXII

I like the fact that we can place blocks wherever we want in the frontend. However, I wonder if permissions for these blocks do exist somewhere? Let's say, for example, I put the "Latest Topics" block in the sidebar, but I want it to be visible to logged in users only, how would I achieve that? Clicking on the Edit button doesn't do the trick. There I can only choose a number for the amount of latest topics, that should be displayed.

I like the fact that we can place blocks wherever we want in the frontend. However, I wonder if permissions for these blocks do exist somewhere? Let's say, for example, I put the "Latest Topics" block in the sidebar, but I want it to be visible to logged in users only, how would I achieve that? Clicking on the Edit button doesn't do the trick. There I can only choose a number for the amount of latest topics, that should be displayed.

​You have to edit the widget PHP file to add the select with user groups. I made it on widgets for my app.

Capturar.thumb.PNG.75e5fb2af2b59b1a8f358

​You have to edit the widget PHP file to add the select with user groups. I made it on widgets for my app.

Thanks for your reply! So there is no permissions option that I have missed. There should be one for stupid people like me. :sad:

Rather than an edit, should probably be default, slight oversight?

​I totally agree. Setting up visibility for certain usergroups only should be possible without editing IPS4 or installing an addon or using hooks or whatever.

• 7 months later...

Archived