No Sidebar

Richad

ok. I re-installed. re-installed. re-installed. Nothing. No sidebar. I left it with Brandon 2 days ago but look like I will have to miss out on that one. Unless a miracle happens and it re-appears on its own.

If someone has ANY idea or TIP on how to get this damn thing to pop up (block manager) please let me know. I am out of ideas and pretty frustrated.

Did you do as Brandon instructed in the bug report? 

I just investigated another report of this from another user and couldn't reproduce.  Please submit a ticket ATTN: Brandon with your URL, a link to this report and a login so that I can look into the issue.  Be sure to clear your browser cache first just to be sure this isn't a cache issue of some sort

If you submitted a ticket, as instructed, then they'll either way get around to checking your issue out eventually. If you sent him a PM and you didn't receive a reply, then he may have simply forgotten about it possibly.

http://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/no-sidebar-on-beta-5a-r1597/

I did as instructed over 2 days - no answer. So I figured I would do my research and testing myself. God ipb 4 is a mess. I kept checking that the root admin group had access to side bar - check. Did I check my username? Nope since I am in the root admin group.

well when I checked my username it turns out I don't have many rights at all! What the hell? User no 1 in root admin can't do much. I had to manually tick all the boxes  and i still don't have root admin rights.

As the beta rolls on I like the product less and less which makes me sad to say. 

The ACP is so... Random and dumbed down. Where are the advanced settings? Even more confusing is the fact that when I do a search, I find settings that are impossible to locate on their own? Again what the hell? 

I have the sidebar and tried to move myself back into root admin but it's a waste of time.

please believe me that I was never critical of ipb - I was always happy with layout and design. But as time goes on I am sad to say they lost a customer....I am happy for everyone that likes it though.

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, eoebrian said:

Guess this is still and issue a year + later as I have no sidebar nor do I see any arrows.

Not an issue at all

You must be logged into forum as an admin (not admincp) then on left should find an arrow with gray background (see screenie)

left click arrow and 'slider' will pop out and you drag 'blocks' onto the page where you want them

arrow1.thumb.jpg.ccea3d300af28bce49998b995c7f231b.jpg

8 minutes ago, eoebrian said:

Well when I am logged in as admin, there is no gray arrow on the side so there is an issue somewhere.

Have you checked:

• User permissions
  • Group permissions
  • Administrator permission set
  • Theme settings (there may be something in there about enabling sidebar, I can't remember for sure)

18 minutes ago, eoebrian said:

Well when I am logged in as admin, there is no gray arrow on the side so there is an issue somewhere.

A misconfigured template used in that Page can cause such an issue. I have experienced it yesterday.

3 hours ago, eoebrian said:

Are you referring to a custom theme or ipb default theme ?

If custom theme then try checking the ipb default theme

If ipb default theme (with NO changes made to it anywhere) then might want to contact support via client area

Curiosity, which IPB version ?

Yes steve00, the default theme,  just installed the newest version 4.1.19.1 yesterday. 

Something sure seems odd, the dashboard shows it is running background processes and the first one " Recalculating members' content count " shows almost 9700% completion - appears to be running over and over and over.

11 hours ago, eoebrian said:

Yes steve00, the default theme,  just installed the newest version 4.1.19.1 yesterday. 

Something sure seems odd, the dashboard shows it is running background processes and the first one " Recalculating members' content count " shows almost 9700% completion - appears to be running over and over and over.

As @Simon Woods stated contact support via Client Area

Archived