Error at upgrading from beta 4 to beta 5

Tibi

I know I will cop flag for this one but honestly I am giving up on version 4. I am staying on 3.4.7. Not a SINGLE upgrade has worked for me. Got random errors again during upgrade. I am deleting the test install and will continue running my community on the current version. At least that one works.How many betas should I wait to run a SINGLE successful upgrade? Anyway my 2Cent. Moving on to more important things.

This is why we call it Beta.

I am really trying since Beta 1... This was worse... i am working on 5 installations (3 of mine, 2 of friends). Since Beta 4, 4 sites was upgraded fine, one still Fails on Beta 5... I reported a bug. Because they can only fix things they know about.

If you are not comfortable using Betas, you really should wait for the final. Betas are for bugbashing, not for "perfect upgrades".
I am sure, you will upgrade your site successfully, after final is released... Even if not, you will receive Support...

Thank you - I know its a beta.......... On the same page though - I would actually like to do so some testing - so far I could only run Beta 2 and beta 4. Its frustrating that I cant even test the beta product to begin with. Sorry if I came across like an ass - that was not my intention. I would just love to get familiar with the major changes and have a roadmap for updating my website, its content and any customizations.

Sorry again - I didnt want to come across rude. I was just frustrated. I have given up on Betas for now since I only had a run of bad luck - specially with a copy of my live db.

regards

You only download deltas from ACP, so not all files are included - just changed one.

If you download from the client area, you download the full package (all files - changed and unchanged).

I also had troubles with deltas in a earlier beta... corrupt files... But that seems to be fixed.

But it's ok, that the download from ACP is smaller than the package from the clientarea

The answer seems to be a javascript file though I haven't invested time to find out which.  All I did having failed at the above screen on the Delta update was download the full update from the client area.  I uploaded the applications directory from that and overwrote what was there.  When all files uploaded I clicked the retry button (on the above screengrab) and the upgrade finished successfully :)

Archived