Beta 4

craigf136

Interesting thing to note, I am now back running on the Beta 2 install/files and in the AdminCP it shows the "System" application as running Beta 2 and having an update available, however the "Forums" application does not show any updates available and is shown as running Beta 1 and that it was installed in Oct 2010.

I wonder if that has anything to do with my issue.

The issue is related to an older bug since fixed, however users who upgraded to earlier betas may be affected.

If you want to manually fix this so you can upgrade to the latest beta (note that other bugs may also affect you, this only resolves this specific issue)...

• Add a column to core_widgets called 'embeddable' using phpmyadmin.  Make it a tinyint(1) column.
  • Update core_applications to set app_version to "4.0.0 Beta 1" and app_long_version to "100001" for all IPS apps.
  • Clear your datastore/ folder on disk, if present.
  • Try upgrading to beta 3.

The issue is related to an older bug since fixed, however users who upgraded to earlier betas may be affected.

If you want to manually fix this so you can upgrade to the latest beta (note that other bugs may also affect you, this only resolves this specific issue)...

• Add a column to core_widgets called 'embeddable' using phpmyadmin.  Make it a tinyint(1) column.
  • Update core_applications to set app_version to "4.0.0 Beta 1" and app_long_version to "100001" for all IPS apps.
  • Clear your datastore/ folder on disk, if present.
  • Try upgrading to beta 3.

​Yup, that resolved a lot of the issues I was having in the AdminCP. After the upgrade Applications all showed as upgraded to Beta 4 correctly.

However, something is still messed up that rendered the front-end unusable. Fatal error: Cannot use object of type IPS\Db\Select as array in /home/myaccount/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(3438) : eval()'d code on line 61

Any attempts to change themes or enable designer mode throws errors.

After venturing away from the AdminCP and trying to navigate back it threw a configuration error that wouldn't let me back in.

Able to revert back no problem though, looking forward to the next update that will hopefully resolve all this stuff.

​Yup, that resolved a lot of the issues I was having in the AdminCP. After the upgrade Applications all showed as upgraded to Beta 4 correctly.
However, something is still messed up that rendered the front-end unusable. Fatal error: Cannot use object of type IPS\Db\Select as array in /home/myaccount/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(3438) : eval()'d code on line 61

Any attempts to change themes or enable designer mode throws errors.

After venturing away from the AdminCP and trying to navigate back it threw a configuration error that wouldn't let me back in.

Able to revert back no problem though, looking forward to the next update that will hopefully resolve all this stuff.

That error is related to templates not upgrading properly, which has since been fixed.

Archived