Facebook, Google Puls, LinkedIn complete integeration required

hameedacpa

Since 4 years the Middle east visitors only take care about Facebook and twitter , that is why now a days they don't care much more about the forums (any kind of forums like vbulletin or invision power ) , the vbulletin team realize this fact that is why their integration with the social media specially Facebook was great because the users now able to update their walls with their posts in the vbulletin board ( there is limitation in the invision power , it is only allowed to post a summary of the new topic to the wall , but for the other posts it is not possible to update my wall directly with the full topic)

we need the invision power team take care about this point and give us the ability to make our posts completely posted to the facebook pages and Facebook account walls and LinkedIn and twitter and Google plus ,

the next age the people having such forums will strive to keep themselves well ranked , and it is obvious that the people preferences now tend to use the social media more than the boards like vbulletin and invision power or any kind because they have trust on the social media and it is more stable and its durability is very high compared to the small websites using the forums software.

I hope the team of invision power realize this fact and I hope the next invision power version 4 will take care about this features required and increase their integration with the social media so we can convent the visitors to share their knowledge through our websites.

Best regards

I don't think this is such a hot idea because some message posts can be exceptionally long. Not only that, but I don't think the facebook postings has anything to do with IPS. I think that the "brief summary" of Facebook wall postings are controlled by facebook itself. Even if you created a hook for it, or an addon, I think that facebook would still have a "cutoff" on how much of the forum post could be integrated.

I have Facebook group and I have Facebook page and I have the website built on invision power forum , really the visitors prefer sharing their information in social media groups and pages

so now we are the websites owners facing very big trouble because of the truth that the forums build on sharing the knowledge in two way direction , but what happen now is the visitors only take what they need from the website and if they have something to share they prefer to share it through the social media like Facebook and LinkedIn

our websites will not continue like this and will not be able to survive and sure it will be vanished soon if there is no any solution to compete or at least be integrated fully with the social media

this is a fact and all of us must realize this and there some actions must be taken by the boards programmers to solve the problem of the integration with the different kind of social media

I'm writing this because I know that there is coming version 4 for invision power and I hope it will have a full integration with the social media

• 3 weeks later...

again i'm pushing up this topic , I tested ip4 but there is no any option to update facebook or twitter like ip3.6 in the new topics?

when replying also in ip4 it is the same

I test connecting to facebook I post new topic but the synchronizing not working

it is very important to realize the fact about the importance of updating the status of any social media with all what we are writing in any invision power forum

it is very important to realize the fact about the importance of updating the status of any social media with all what we are writing in any invision power forum

This may be true for you and your site and possibly several others, but it's not true for everyone. IMO it should be a hook not something that's built in, let the devs work on more important tasks.

I have to agree. social media integration should be something relegated to a third party hook. Not every client wants mandatory social media integration. Simply because social media registration via IPS bypasses certain registration options, which I wasn't too please with in the first place. While there is some facebook interaction with IPS, it should not be a mandatory thing. Otherwise, IPSCS will just turn into bloatware and I really hate bloatware.

Simply because social media registration via IPS bypasses certain registration options, which I wasn't too please with in the first place.

That's actually a Facebook requirement, not IP.Board. To comply with the API, no further account validation can be imposed upon the login.

You're simply authenticating with a vast remote database of existing users and just creating a local account for function purposes when the user authenticates. It's as simple as that.

I've actually been trying to figure out how to allow login via social media but to disable social media registration for my site. Simply because the social media registration method for my site bypasses certain itsems when creating a new account. The one thing is that I have noticed new accounts registering where they can bypass the option where you need to choose a username. I ended up coming across about a half dozen such user accounts and end up either deleting them, banning them or simply entering in any username, depending on how I'm feeling that particular day. It also depends on how much information they have provided in their profile that determines my action regarding accounts like that, where they left out a username during registration.

Archived