New Marketplace Categories

Hexsplosions

I am trying to discourage uploads to the older categories, suggesting they are moved etc although uploading to them is not currently disabled, I did ask about this a while back but I forget the reason for it being still enabled. :)

I also agree.

Not to sound like I am hating but, it also seems like it has been several weeks since the "old categories" of 2300 has moved. I understand they are busy, but now all the mods are thrown everywhere. And don't get me started on the fact it 'updated' the last update for every mod they moved, so mods that really havn't been updated in a year, say they were updated May 2013, which is inaccurate. I found that to be a major downside to this change, all mods that were moved lost their accurate update date, which is frustrating to me to know if I should use the mod or not.

I understand what they were trying to do (organize), but probably like you said Heff, If it isn't broken, don't fix it!

• 4 weeks later...

I've actually given up on using the Marketplace. Everything is a jumbled mess and the categories aren't self explanatory as the previous categories were. I imagine that someone at IPB thought that this was a good idea but the new category areas leave a lot to be desired. Before, if I was looking for a hook, I could just click on the 'hook' category. Now? It seems everything in the Marketplace has become 10 times more difficult. I used to browse the Marketplace a lot, looking for various addons to either purchase or download the free version. I'm actually resorting to using other 'legal' websites to get hooks and mods from like SOS Invision and Invision Modding.

I was hoping that the categories would be labeled a bit more descriptive. I don't know. Browsing the Marketplace has now turned into a guessing game forcing you to click on every category area. If that was what IPS intended, I don't like the new category breakdown.

Archived