Site is SLOW!

Fast Lane!

Just thought you guys need to know that for the last several days the IPS website has been on and off like a faulty light switch. Only this morning I was checking the forums and then decided to have a look at what was new in the marketplace - after a short while I got the usual (see below) which, as I said, has been happening over the last few days, and the site has just come back after an hour and a half.

post-359498-0-54074400-1354612169_thumb.

BTW I'm accessing the site from the UK, but no other websites, either local or International, were causing concerns.

:smile:

We've been under a heavy DDoS attack which is ongoing, as such we've had to employ measures to stay online, including more aggressive traffic filtering. I suspect this is what you're seeing. If you're unable to load a page please try to refresh, if that doesn't work then unfortunately all we can suggest is to wait a few minutes and try again.

Thanks Mikey (and Maxx for the link) - so sad that there are so many sad people in the world that they have to expend their energy and knowledge in making other people's lives miserable instead of putting it towards something productive and useful. It's easier to make people frown than it is to make them smile, but making them smile is darn more rewarding than making them frown.

:sad:

We've been under a heavy DDoS attack which is ongoing, as such we've had to employ measures to stay online, including more aggressive traffic filtering. I suspect this is what you're seeing. If you're unable to load a page please try to refresh, if that doesn't work then unfortunately all we can suggest is to wait a few minutes and try again.

thanks for answering Mikey.

Today everything worked normal as it should be. Maybe when you guys are a bit free mind share with us the secret how to stop ddos attack? I`ve been heavly attacked couple of months ago and my hosting company shot down my server instead of helping me out.

eh, another kid playing with BOTNET.. I guess a brother of unhappy customer? just joking ^.^ I know this pain, we also were under 8Gbps DDoS attack for looong time.. Invested much money for proper filtering it, new network interfaces for IN and OUT.. edge firewalls and much more.. now I just laugh at any attack below 12Gbps ^.^

Heh, reporting? The process takes a lot of time.. and usually finishes with no results because of too high costs of such investigation due to barriers and law difference between countries.. communication among them.. I was reporting it to proper services.. but I do not believe in them.. my business must keep going, no time to wait for results that may not be to come.. FYI.. in the past I was fighting with much lower powered DDoS and always was reporting it.. until current day I have no response of anything, even of thousands of official letters sent as also complaints of the services in regards of looking after my matter.. If you care about your business then you are the only one who cares about it.. my advice is to keep this point and invest yourself, it will pay back in not loosing cause of service unavailability or other inconveniences caused by attacks ..

Archived