Download: Authority

Sarah Joy Sokoloff

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Authority
File Submitter: Sarah Joy Sokoloff
File Submitted: 22 Jun 2012
File Category: Professional Skins

iSarah Authority

Authority is a design with a level of prestige, with a warm feeling and strong scent to it. It's designed with both beauty and classyness in mind. It can be used for professional or gaming or general communities, that want a design that feels warm and "Home" like.

Authority works on all apps:
IPBoard • Gallery • Content • Blogs • Downloads • Nexus • Chat • Calendar • Content

Extra
The post messages and forum background are decorated with a flame.
That flame can easily be modified with a image or logo of your own:

Copyright
Copyright removal or branding free can be purchased for an additional 10 dollar.
If interested, you are free to send me a message for futher instructions.

Included
Included is the .psd file for the logo, so it can be easily edited.

More screenshots can be found below.
Any issues or improvements regarding this design, feel free to send me a message.
Admins: (adminCP and modCP links can be found in footer once logged in)

Thank you.
Sarah

Click here to download this file

• The big flame on main background: Replace big_flame.png in the main Authority Images Folder.

• The small flame in message posts: Replace: post.png in the main Authority Images Folder.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there seems to be a problem with the area of the quick launch and advanced search.

If i bring my browser to full resolution of my primary monitor (1920x1080), the advanced search will "snuggle" up with quick launch.

It also does this at smaller browser sizes, typically with widths smaller than a 1000 px (and closer to the 800px range, it will push past the quick launch, very close to the "View New content".

I was able to fix this, by adjusting the css in ipb_styles.css, line 603, i changed right: - 43, to right: -20. and in the same style sheet, i changed line 629, top:-65 to top:-12.

but other than that slight little problem, I'm really liking this skin. Good work.

post-355173-0-69347900-1340518765_thumb.

there seems to be a problem with the area of the quick launch and advanced search.

If i bring my browser to full resolution of my primary monitor (1920x1080), the advanced search will "snuggle" up with quick launch.

It also does this at smaller browser sizes, typically with widths smaller than a 1000 px (and closer to the 800px range, it will push past the quick launch, very close to the "View New content".

I was able to fix this, by adjusting the css in ipb_styles.css, line 603, i changed right: - 43, to right: -20. and in the same style sheet, i changed line 629, top:-65 to top:-12.

but other than that slight little problem, I'm really liking this skin. Good work.

post-355173-0-69347900-1340518765_thumb.

Thank you for the kind comments and reporting the issues!
All seemed to be going well at testing, allthough I will check out all possible diff resolutions tonight.

I'm happy to see you were able to find a fix for the issue that works for you!
I will look into it, and I will provide a updated version as soon as I'm home tonight.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards and thank you for your support.
Sarah

I was in chrome when I noticed it. So I checked in FF/IE, same thing.

I've installed this on my dev board and my main site, and it does it on both (my main site still hanging onto IPB 3.3.2, dev board is IPB 3.3.3), I was thinking it might be something on my dev board (as it gets heavy modification and random things installed on it all the time), but my main site is pretty untouched.

I went ahead and tested it without any hooks but IPB and IPC default hooks enabled, so no go there either.

If I had to take a guess at the problem, its due to the advanced search having a relative positioning, and the main menu bar having fluid width, the advanced search is always going to be in that position, but the menu and its items are changing based on browser windows size (causing the snuggling).

I realise the advanced icon is placed in the menu with the use of relative positioning,
the issue I will look into is to place it there without using relative positioning
then there should be no more resolution based problems with it,
the use of browser won't make any difference regarding that issue.
Since at first post i had to double check to understand the question itself.

But I know what the problem is now and, either way I will upload a fix soon,
within a few hours with or without relative positioning, i will see if i can find a fix without rp.

Regards
Sarah

A updated version has been released with the following improvements:

• Repaired adv search icon and added hover which will work at any resolution.
• Custom Userbar received Hover effect in addition.
• Improved general Authority GFX
• Improved footer admincp links

The updated version can be downloaded.

Thank you
Sarah

I like the skin.

Where do i change the logo?
I uploaded my own logo to the defaul folder mysite/public/style_images/ but is not displaying it. I see the logo that came with the skin is linked to an external website that is not mine:

In what file can i change that so it can not be linked to external sites and it can display my own logo uploaded to mysite/ /public/style_images/ ??

Thanks

I uploaded my own logo to the defaul folder mysite/public/style_images/ but is not displaying it.

I see the logo that came with the skin is linked to an external website that is not mine

To change the main logo in the header
-------------------------------------------------------
The logo can be changed by editing the .PSD file that came with your download.
If you allready have your own logo, or when done editing the .PSD included logo,
go to AdminCP - Look & Feel - Easy Logo Changer
and upload your own logo there for the Authority Design.

If you want to place your logo into forum-messages:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
You need to upload the logo into: yoursite/public/style_images/Authority/
You must rename the logo you upload to: post.png (Must be in .png format - if not convert to PNG)

If you want to place your logo into the background-pages:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You need to upload the big logo into: yoursite/public/style_images/Authority/
You must rename the logo you upload to: big_flame.png (Must be in .png format - if not convert to PNG)

If more problems do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for your purchase of Authority.

Regards
Sarah
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need help Sarah the search is giving problems. When I search a member the list comes but the join date and the member group information is too big and it covers the members name. please try it on your demo the same thing happens. click on search and change the search from forums to members- search a member and see the list

I need help Sarah the search is giving problems. When I search a member the list comes but the join date and the member group information is too big and it covers the members name. please try it on your demo the same thing happens. click on search and change the search from forums to members- search a member and see the list

Same problem ... hope we can get some manual fix!

regards

bosss

After inspecting the issue I noticed that the background of the breadcrumbs appear on the place of the issue too.
The reason is because I did not specify a secondary Nav for the breadcrumbs in the CSS Files at first glance.
I will have to do some codechanges to the theme and will have a updated version released in the weekend.

Thank you for pointing out the issue!
Sarah Joy Sokoloff

After inspecting the issue I noticed that the background of the breadcrumbs appear on the place of the issue too.

The reason is because I did not specify a secondary Nav for the breadcrumbs in the CSS Files at first glance.

I will have to do some codechanges to the theme and will have a updated version released in the weekend.

Sarah Joy Sokoloff

THanks

Sarah Joy Sokoloff

Any News or update?

It's an issue that is not realy skin related, but a configuration issue in your admincp.
If you set the theme to default in your admincp all users should be able to see it,
maybe you edited the default guest and user ranks in the members tab, that causes them not to see the theme.
I'd love to help but I can't tell for sure what you are doing wrong without seeing it myself.

I might create a green theme in the future yes. Allthough I have been very busy regarding some health issues lately,
so I didn't realy focus on creating new styles yet. Maybe soon! :smile:

Archived