Download: (Pav33) Topic Description

Pavulon87

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great hook, our Forums has been screaming for this to return...

So, I uploaded version 1.02, and followed Steps 1, 2 and 3 - but I'm confused, because I didn't see what settings I had to change in Step 2 - it just says to go to ACP - Forums - Topics, Posts and Polls - but I did not see any settings for the hook except "max desc length" - was there something else I was supposed to do?

The hook is enabled, and I definitely added the scripts in Step 3 - what am I missing in Step 2? The only setting I saw was "max desc length"?

Any help here?

Screen shot 1 - as you can see, I can access the Description line when posting, or when editing the OP

Screen shot 2 - when I go to look at the topic (or in the Forum) - the description does NOT show up.

post-359900-0-31433500-1353296280_thumb.

post-359900-0-02985400-1353296292_thumb.

Would be nice if some other coder would take over this hook as the author is obviously no longer supporting it. He has not even been on these boards since Oct 4. I have also emailed him and got no response. The same thing happened to me (see above posts) and I just kept un-installing and then re-installing and it finally started working. The hook does alter the database to recover the old topic descriptions so if it is ever removed you will no longer have those descriptions showing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Worked nicely on 3.1.4 upgraded to 3.4.5. You just have to be careful with skin edits on custom skins because placement differs.

Other than that does anybody know how can I disable of creating new descriptions and just show the old ones. I want to see them before I replace them with tags. So to say I want description to be read-only and disallow adding new descriptions when creating new topics.

• 5 months later...

Worked nicely on 3.1.4 upgraded to 3.4.5. You just have to be careful with skin edits on custom skins because placement differs.

Other than that does anybody know how can I disable of creating new descriptions and just show the old ones. I want to see them before I replace them with tags. So to say I want description to be read-only and disallow adding new descriptions when creating new topics.

you can edit html... or the hook.xml where have

<if test="$this->settings['topic_desc_max_len'] > 0">
				<li class='ipsField ipsField_primary'>
					<label for='topic_desc' class='ipsField_title'>{$this->lang->words['topic_desc']}</label>
					<p class='ipsField_content'>
						<input id='topic_desc' class='input_text' type="text" size="60" maxlength="{$this->settings['topic_desc_max_len']}" name="TopicDesc" value="{$formData['topicDesc']}" tabindex="0" />
					</p>
				</li>
			</if>
skin_post > topicDescForm 

into this (note: disabled input)

<if test="$this->settings['topic_desc_max_len'] > 0">
				<li class='ipsField ipsField_primary'>
					<label for='topic_desc' class='ipsField_title'>{$this->lang->words['topic_desc']}</label>
					<p class='ipsField_content'>
						<input id='topic_desc' class='input_text' type="text" size="60" maxlength="{$this->settings['topic_desc_max_len']}" name="TopicDesc" value="{$formData['topicDesc']}" tabindex="0" disabled/>
					</p>
				</li>
			</if>
  • 3 months later...

Archived