Download: [HSC] HTML Sitemap

HeadStand

File Name: [HSC] HTML Sitemap
File Submitter: HeadStand
File Submitted: 24 Feb 2011
File Updated: 02 Mar 2011
File Category: Application Modules

This hook will generate an HTML sitemap of your forums.

- Uses Google APIs to display your forums in a tree-view
- Each category is drawn as a separate tree
- Each node on the tree is clickable and shows a hovercard with additional information
- Secure - Users see ONLY the forums to which they have access
- Custom ACP module allows the Administrator to enter additional text and descriptions for each forum
- Administrator can define custom tags or keywords to display in the hovercard. Tags are clickable and will run a forum search
- Customizable display (via CSS) for category, forum, and sub-forum nodes

Click here to download this file

Any plans for making it create a complete site map, including all the apps and sections of a site?

I'm not even sure how that would work, visually. Let's take IP.Blog as an example. You would end up with one really really wide tree of all the blogs, same with IP.Gallery. It could be really annoying for the user to have to scroll (horizontally) to see everything.

How do you envision this working?

Do you have a working demo I can take a look at ?

Not at the moment, no. One of my sites is going to be going live within the next week or 2 though, so once that's up I'll post the link.

I'm not even sure how that would work, visually. Let's take IP.Blog as an example. You would end up with one really really wide tree of all the blogs, same with IP.Gallery. It could be really annoying for the user to have to scroll (horizontally) to see everything.

How do you envision this working?

I would like to see a section in the ACP where admins could choose the level of depth that the sitemap was given.

Taking your example, blogs could be set as first level where only a link was given to the blogs section, or, to the Gallery section. Next level would list the different blog 'owners', or gallery categories. Next level would list all the blogs, or all the albums within a category.

If a site was small, the admins could set the sitemap to the last level, whereas if the site was huge, then the first level could be chosen.

I would like to see a section in the ACP where admins could choose the level of depth that the sitemap was given.

Taking your example, blogs could be set as first level where only a link was given to the blogs section, or, to the Gallery section. Next level would list the different blog 'owners', or gallery categories. Next level would list all the blogs, or all the albums within a category.

If a site was small, the admins could set the sitemap to the last level, whereas if the site was huge, then the first level could be chosen.

That might work, I'd have to try it. Either way, I don't think I would get to this for another couple of weeks.
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived