Who is the lead IP.Board Developer?

Lojo

Can someone please tell me who the lead IP.Board developer is? I really want to PM the lead developer a suggest which I feel would complete the moderation system that IPB has. Now you may ask or suggest that I post this in the 'suggestion' forum, however I feel that if I do that I will not be heard and will be ignored.

Can someone please tell me who the lead IP.Board developer is? I really want to PM the lead developer a suggest which I feel would complete the moderation system that IPB has. Now you may ask or suggest that I post this in the 'suggestion' forum, however I feel that if I do that I will not be heard and will be ignored.

As I am sure you can notice, All of the developers read the feedback threads, and reply to most of them.

I am hard pressed to find a feedback topic that does not have a reply from either Matt or Brandon in it.

We don't ignore feedback. In all honesty, a PM is more likely to be ignored than a feedback topic, because the staff get dozens of PMs daily.

However, to answer your question, Matt is the Cheif Software Architect.

As I am sure you can notice, All of the developers read the feedback threads, and reply to most of them.

I am hard pressed to find a feedback topic that does not have a reply from either Matt or Brandon in it.

We don't ignore feedback. In all honesty, a PM is more likely to be ignored than a feedback topic, because the staff get dozens of PMs daily.

However, to answer your question, Matt is the Cheif Software Architect.

I'm not sure I agree with you. I rarely see Matt respond to suggests, at least mine anyways. I have went ahead and have sent Matt a PM with my suggest. If you can please make sure he reads it and respond with what he thinks, that would be very much appreciated. I feel that all IP.Board license holder will benefit from this suggestion.

I'm not sure I agree with you. I rarely see Matt respond to suggests, at least mine anyways. I have went ahead and have sent Matt a PM with my suggest. If you can please make sure he reads it and respond with what he thinks, that would be very much appreciated. I feel that all IP.Board license holder will benefit from this suggestion.

My guess would be his response will say something about posting it in the suggestion forum ;)

I agree. Many of us have had what we consider to be good suggestions. I'm sure Matt doesn't want us all flooding his Inbox with suggestions. Plus if you post your suggestion publicly you may get some support from the rest of us.

I'm not sure I agree with you. I rarely see Matt respond to suggests, at least mine anyways.

With respect you've only been a member since August.

3DKiwi

For the record, suggestions in PMs are much more likely to be forgotten when we are deciding our feature set for the next release than topics in the suggestions forum. If everyone that had a great idea sent it to Matt via PM, how many of those great ideas do you think will really get seen? :)

Kudos to you guys for not having the standard "Do not PM me or I will destroy it and hate you forever" line in you sigs. :P

I'm sure it would be easier to do something to dissuade people, but it's nicer to feel you guys are actually approachable. :thumbsup:

Archived