Download: ibProArcade Lite v1.0.0 RC2 IPB3.1 FIXED

Ibpromods

Help for this arcade is gone too?

Is there a 3rd alternative?

Support has not gone. On our forums i have explained to my members the health and family issues that have kept me away from the site for well over 6 months now. However thats all sorted and im back but for now please goto ibparcade as we are doing alot of work on our site and trying to upgrade all our mods to IPB3 so ill be there 99% of the time.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope when there's a full version they scrap ioncube. It's totally unnecessary for free modifications and creates additional issues, namely the following:

1. Increased load times.

2. Increased resource consumption.

3. Can't be cached with APC, eAccelerator, Xcache.

4. Can't be customized by the admins based on the community, some may want to customize the system around their community.

5. Possible security risks or critical bugs, not specifically related to malicious or untrustworthy code and authors. Say if there was a security issue such as SQL injection vulnerabilities or critical bugs, even if the admin is capable of addressing these issues themselves, they couldn't because the source is encoded. They would undoubtedly be forced to wait until the author decided to update the modification to address whatever security issues or critical bugs there are..

I could maybe sympathize with encoding expensive paid modifications, but only for a certain time after the modification is initially released. The full version should either not be encoded from the start or give everyone the option of downloading a non-encoded version for a nominal fee.

Aside from that, I am eagerly awaiting the full version of this modification or at least an update to the light version.

It is doubtful that ioncube will be scrapped by ibProMods for ibProArcade: while I do work a different mod for them (also encoded), I do not work on the Arcade. Nor is encoding done with monetary issues in mind to begin with, so "unnecessary for free modifications" is a moot point. Encoding is also done to protect coding ideas and source code.

Also there is very little difference in execution time when you compare unencoded vs ioncube encoded (unless your using ioncube RTL: useful ONLY for those hosts who refuse to modify the php.ini file). Therefore you are repeating a common myth that ioncube is appreciably slower.

Support has not gone. On our forums i have explained to my members the health and family issues that have kept me away from the site for well over 6 months now. However thats all sorted and im back but for now please goto ibparcade as we are doing alot of work on our site and trying to upgrade all our mods to IPB3 so ill be there 99% of the time.

Sorry, Followed the link and HAVE to comment on design... my eyes bleed>.<
well, delicate blue is not burning a hole in my retinas... but WOW.

@ Gabriel Petrelli

Most are not annoyed at all about encoded mods, but it is obvious you are only going to acknowledge your own opinions. No offense but that leaves you with two choices. Use the mod or use someone else's. If you wait for IBcoding's you will have the same problem because he encodes his (free) arcade as well. Then there is iArcade assuming it is not encoded.

Try putting yourself in the average webmasters (not developers) shoes, no one likes encoding.

I have 3 domains and run 4 sites: all of them using ioncube. I think that puts me in the shoes of a webmaster, and I have no qualms, nor problems with ioncube encoded mods. If a server will not allow ioncube they are not worth using in my opinion.

@ Marcher
There are seven skins to select from.

But you are also a developer, I can't trust that your opinion wouldn't at least be slightly biased. Many besides myself aren't fine with encoding for the reasons I mentioned even if some are. I also mentioned I would not be using Ipbcoding's modifications for that very same reason. Fact is the arcade for IPB 2.3.x wasn't encoded and now it is, the Vb arcade isn't encoded either afaik. I and anyone else would pay for a non-encoded copy as long as the price was reasonable, as I mentioned it was my understanding from what I read that a non-encoded version would be released for a price but the free version would be encoded. At the very least there should be some effort to make it customizable if there are no plans to release a non-encoded version. Encoding is still a looming issue with IPB, with other software I never seen such emphasis on encoding which is quite a rarity. The only encoded Vbulletin modification I can think of is... well I can't really think of any, I don't even think VbSEO is encoded although there probably are a few.

Anyways why is this being discussed? I edited my post like almost two hours ago to delete the entire rant as I realized it wasn't appropriate for this topic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does the arcade have snake? Can somebody link me to a version that's running on a site, please?

I'm getting requests for an arcade, just want to make sure this will suit our needs.

Thanks!

You download the arcade software then you can add whatever games you like. You only get the arcade you are on your own to get games. One thing is for sure, until this is upgraded for 3.2 I won't be upgrading. This arcade is too important to my forum so i hope it gets done fairly soon.

You download the arcade software then you can add whatever games you like. You only get the arcade you are on your own to get games. One thing is for sure, until this is upgraded for 3.2 I won't be upgrading. This arcade is too important to my forum so i hope it gets done fairly soon.

Thanks for the reply, Volstate!

I'm sorry, but I've never used a forum arcade thing before. Where would I find these games? :)

Thanks for the reply, Volstate!

I'm sorry, but I've never used a forum arcade thing before. Where would I find these games? :smile:

http://www.ibpdownloads.com/ipb/index.php

I have a silver membership which allows me 50 downloads a day. I think I paid for a year subscription for like $16.00. It's well worth it...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived