Download: ibProArcade Lite v1.0.0 RC2 IPB3.1 FIXED

Ibpromods

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm new to this one so couple of questions..

1. Is ibProArcade free?

2. What about games? Free or not? Where can I get them from?

3. Does the latest version 4.0.4 work on IPB 3.4.4?

4. Currently I have iArcade installed. Do I have to uninstall it first?

I'm new to this one so couple of questions..

1. Is ibProArcade free?

2. What about games? Free or not? Where can I get them from?

3. Does the latest version 4.0.4 work on IPB 3.4.4?

4. Currently I have iArcade installed. Do I have to uninstall it first?

1. Yes it's free I run it on my site

2. Games can be found on various sites. With the latest version of the arcade, mochi games are enabled and they are free and very easily installed by just clicking a button.

3. The latest version is 4.2.1 (with 4.2.2 soon to be released) and can be obtained by going to ibparcade.com

4. Yes you have to uninstall it and instruction of what you need to do can be found on their website which I gave you in #3

I can see this edit is...

I assume if I don't use older games I don't have to do it, correct?

If you have v2 games and when you click submit score it takes you back to the board index without submitting the score...you need to do the edit. I had to do it....

Ya forgot that iArcade had an edit.

If you want to keep your games though, don't uninstall the iArcade tables. I am almost finished coding a page for ibProArcade ACP that will convert iArcade game cats, games and game scores to ibProArcade. I did the same for ibcoding Arcade.

It says:

Open index.php

Find and remove

// ---------------------------------
// IP.ARCADE CUSTOMIZATION:
// Work-around for support of older ibproarcade v2 format games
// Begin custom edit
if ($_GET["act"] == "Arcade") {
require "conf_global.php";
$hackaroundearn = $_POST['gscore'];
$tgn = $_POST['gname'];
$encearn = base64_encode($hackaroundearn);

//Connect to DB using conf global file
$user=$INFO['sql_user'];
$pass=$INFO['sql_pass'];
$db=$INFO['sql_database'];
mysql_connect("localhost", $user, $pass) or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db($db) or die(mysql_error());

//Init IPSReg
ipsRegistry::init();
$who = ipsRegistry::member()->getProperty('name');
$time = time();
//Insert Score
mysql_query("INSERT INTO `ibf_iarcade_scores`
(gname, member, score, time, ip) VALUES('$tgn', '$who', '$hackaroundearn', '$time', '') "
)
or die(mysql_error());

//Send them packing!
echo "<meta http-equiv='refresh' content='0;url=index.php?app=iArcade&view=newscore&game=$tgn&n=$hackaroundearn&s=$encearn'>";

die();
}
// IP.ARCADE CUSTOMIZATION:
// Work-around for support of older ibproarcade v2 format games
// End Custom Edit

Saves and upload.

"Find and remove"?

Are we talking about index.php in root folder?

I don't see anything like that there.

Unless I should ADD the above.

That would be my guess from the code. I never made the edit on my dev install because I only need to see if the games show after conversion. Once converted they won't use that code unless you play a V2 game. I would assume from the post on IBP Arcade that the edit keeps V2 game scores from being saved on the ibProArcade.

Wondering if that edit is for an older version of iArcade, as I don't see any instruction for it in my iArcade download files.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I was wondering how compatible this is with most of the games. I enjoyed iArcade but was pretty fed up with the way that it rejected almost every game out there due to compatibility reasons (and rejected every single v32 game). I voiced that concern on ibpdownloads and iarcademod forums a year ago (along with a few others) and no progress was made in that regard. So if this works with most games then great. I could probably just go without iArcade mod then.

PS. It is very strange but ibparcade.com refused to let me register with a gmail or yahoo address (and would crash with the Facebook login). I had to use an obscure proprietary email to get in.

In retrospect, I think I answered my own question: It's called "IBPdownloads" so I bet all of the games work on IBParcade, and that iArcade only works with a few of them because they were designed for this arcade. I will try and report back!

Reporting back using IPB 3.4.5, IBParcade is incredible!!! 4.0.4 available here: http://www.ibparcade.com/index.php?/files/file/2072-ibproarcade-v-404/

All of the v32 games work... All of them. You will get something exactly like what's on IBPdowloads.com

Cons?:

Needed to remove "new games" hook to prevent fatal error from crashing my main forum index, but it might have just been an isolated incident with my skin: Fatal error: Call to a member function hook_newgames() on a non-object in /home/eric/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/arcade/sources/arcadelib.php on line 0

If you try to delete a score, part of it seems to stick next to the game where it says what the highest score was.

Pros:

Can edit game descriptions like like with the recent editor patch on iArcade.

Only saves 1 score for each person... doesn't flood the score board with low scores from the same person like iArcade. If you get a new higher score you will replace it; if you tie your previous high score, it will do nothing.

All games listed on "ibp downloads" were specifically designed for this arcade, and so you don't have to worry about game compatibility. If it works on their site then it will work on yours.

Lots of social feature, which I haven't even began to explore.

You don't get that nonsense where if you try to reinstall a game that you removed it says that it's already installed.

Bottom line: If you want to play the newest v32 games, then you need to get this.

Archived