Download: (PIN) Topic Hover Preview

Peter F.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a paypal image (or button) in the OP which you click and it will bring you to the payment page. The link is https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7692284

You should note that, as outlined in the OP, for new customers there is a 72 hour wait from purchase to delivery.

I'll look into that now. Looks like the title tag isn't being cleared.

peaderfi, everything is still running great. Just wanted to follow up on the issue of the timestamp over the hover window.

Also, what would need to change in order the the topic link to produce the hover window in the View New Content section instead of just the small take-me-to-the-latest-post icon. If it's a touch change we can certainly wait for a new version.

Thanks again for a great mod!

Also, what would need to change in order the the topic link to produce the hover window in the View New Content section instead of just the small take-me-to-the-latest-post icon. If it's a touch change we can certainly wait for a new version.

Peaderfi is aware of this issue and is pursuing a fix for it. :) I have to say I've been impressed with his support! I installed this mod several days ago, found several issues, and peaderfi fixed them almost immediately. The only issues I'm waiting on fixes for are emoticions not displaying (which I'm told he has a fix for) and the "New Content" issue you mention above. After those are addressed I'll make this mod more widely available to my users. :)

..Al

peaderfi, everything is still running great. Just wanted to follow up on the issue of the timestamp over the hover window.

Thanks again for a great mod!

Peaderfi is aware of this issue and is pursuing a fix for it. :) I have to say I've been impressed with his support! I installed this mod several days ago, found several issues, and peaderfi fixed them almost immediately. The only issues I'm waiting on fixes for are emoticions not displaying (which I'm told he has a fix for) and the "New Content" issue you mention above. After those are addressed I'll make this mod more widely available to my users. :)

..Al

I've got a fix now for the New Content issue. I'm working on the title issue as we speak along with adding in support for those who have non standard/custom skins.

All my members have the hover disabled as do new members signing up :(

sorted that - didn't realise that for each group you need to mark them as can see the hover everywhere.

One minor issue - in IE8 I can still see the header box although it is narrow and contains nothing.

[s]All my members have the hover disabled as do new members signing up[/s] :(

sorted that - didn't realise that for each group you need to mark them as can see the hover everywhere.

One minor issue - in IE8 I can still see the header box although it is narrow and contains nothing.

You shouldn't be able to see the header box as the code for the header is not inserted when you turn it on. I'll look into it and ensure that it is doing exactly that.

As a note this uses the permissions system so you can set it up on a per mask basis as well, instead of using the group option. This feature is described in the installation guidelines iirc.

Hi There - have purchased the mod, but still not had the information to download ?

There are two reasons for that. First being the 72 hours since purchase has not elapsed yet and secondly because you didn't include your invisionpower.com username for me to deliver the app to.

If you send me a pm, including the paypal reference number for the transaction. Then I'll forward the mod once the 72 hours are up.

There are two reasons for that. First being the 72 hours since purchase has not elapsed yet and secondly because you didn't include your invisionpower.com username for me to deliver the app to.

If you send me a pm, including the paypal reference number for the transaction. Then I'll forward the mod once the 72 hours are up.

Done :)

FYI, I have several Skinbox skins and the community skins installed on my site. I'm not having any issues with Firefox or IE8 on my site. So it may be other mods causing issues for others. I highly recommend this mod.

The mod is good, i havent disputed that and i did also state that it MAYBE clashing with other mods installed.
There are some things missing in the app itself such as calling images that arent there but im sure peaderfi will find and fix them as his support is excellant.
However just because you dont have issues doesnt mean the mods 100% perfect! If its clashing with other mods then we need to collaborate and figure out which mods might be causing the issues.

Edit - I've looked at the queries and it looks like the query

SELECT i.* FROM permission_index i WHERE i.app='topichover' AND i.perm_type='forum' AND i.perm_type_id=XX

runs for every visible forum & subforum that is displayed on the index page (and subsequent pages).

This looks like it applies on forum pages with respect to threads...

So whilst you can de-assign permissions to particular forums, it still runs the query against "live" forums.

Can this be "tidied" up so that it's using the ACP permissions as opposed to what I assume, is live topics ?

Archived