Download: (PIN) Topic Hover Preview

Peter F.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have installed it, but cannot see it, despite setting all the permissions.

Have responded to the PM, so not sure what has gone wrong.

Possibly it did not make all the required changes on all the skins, as we only use cleancut and not the default skin.

Right on the topic hover preview tab go to your Manage Application & Modules section of the ACP and click edit on the Topic Hover Preview app. There is an option called hide the public tab, change that to yes instead of no. I forgot to turn it off when exporting the app.

I've responded to the pm.

Also it doesn't make changes to the skins, it uses hooks to implement the hover.

Ok so i finally got the app after waiting 72 hours ( this is the last time i buy a mod with 72 hours holding. If you dont trust me then i dont buy from you simples!) and i was wondering is there anyway of chnging the colours of the hoverover popup?
Blue clashes on my board and the text hardly shows.
Is there any reason why the default smilies do not parse in hover view as well?
Thanks for the app, nice work.
Shame about the wait !

Edit - Just a thought, but the 72 hours wait time does nothing as you can clawback your money via paypal upto 10 days!
Not saying i would or suggesting anybody does ,but just throwing that in there!
If you really want to be safe and scrap the wait time, then why not suggest people gift the money? Since you cant clawback gifts.

Ok so i finally got the app after waiting 72 hours ( this is the last time i buy a mod with 72 hours holding. If you dont trust me then i dont buy from you simples!)

Its not there because I don't trust individual people, its there because in the past people have made purchases of services from me for amounts of money which were significant to me using other people's accounts. The 72 hours is in place to ensure that the paypal account is actually owned by the person (If its a legitimate account it gives the real owner 72 hours to go in and say "hey that wasn't authorised"). It significantly reduces the chance of someone scamming me using money that is not theirs.

Edit - Just a thought, but the 72 hours wait time does nothing as you can clawback your money via paypal upto 10 days!

Not saying i would or suggesting anybody does ,but just throwing that in there!

Yes you can, however that is assuming that the retailer cannot prove that it was delivered. The 72 hour limit is not in place to stop people who have legitimately used their accounts to buy the goods and then decide to try and scam me, its to try and stop people who use other people's accounts to try and scam me.

and i was wondering is there anyway of chnging the colours of the hoverover popup?

Blue clashes on my board and the text hardly shows.

Yes, you can edit the css from the ACP. Go to

Look & Feel > Manage Skin Sets & Templates

For each of your skins you edit there is a css tab in the template editor from which you can edit the css. You are looking for the topichover_hover.css to edit. From there you can change the colours of all the topic hover to anything you wish it to be.

Is there any reason why the default smilies do not parse in hover view as well?

Thanks for the app, nice work.

Shame about the wait !

The default smilies thing is something I'm debugging at the moment. I'm using the built in IPB parser so it should be parsing the emoticons as images and inserting them in, since its the same method used for posts. So I'm trying to figure out why its not displaying.

No primary groups do not take priority. The way IPB permissions work, no matter what groups you are in it takes the permissions of all of your groups into account when checking. So once one of the groups you are in has permissions you have all of the permissions.

no problems - so say a member is in groups 1,5,7,10 and it is enabled for one of those groups, he should see it.

@.ian , make sure you watch the vid, becuase theres a few areas permissions need to be altered before the mod shows bud.

I am fairly sure I have - but that is a good idea - thanks.

Peaderfi, can we assume im not that good at css edits. Which bit would i alter to change the blue to say black >?
Is there anyway to make this mod inherit its colours from the skins installed on the board?
For now if you could tell me how to change the heading from blue to black it would be appreciatted , thanks

This mod works great. Haven't had any problems with CleanCut or any of the other skins we use.

The only issue we've found is that when the hover box pops up when hovering over the topic, the topic start date box pops up for about 5 seconds over top of it. If you keep the mouse there the box goes away after the 5 seconds and you can read the topic text again.

%7Boption%7D

Thank you for this mod!!

Nevermind i have found it myself....
For anyone else that has ocds and would like the hoverview header changed to a different colour then heres the bit to change..

.dogvdvhdr {
width:300px;
background:#333333; <--------------- change this hex code
border:1px solid #333333; <------------- change this hex code
font-weight:bold;
padding:10px;
}

When this mod is installed certain users cannot see things like the tabs across the userbar eg ...

* Forums
* Members
* Calendar
* Downloads
* Subscriptions
* Tutorials
* Shops
* Site Map

Also they cannot see the dropdown for the skin changer , or active users today.
As soon as i remove the application, everything works fine.
Seems its only a problem for users with IE8 if that helps ?

Just went out to the cinema...back now.

Thanks for your swift replies as always peaderfi ;)

The mod is well worth the $7.50 which you are asking by the way.

Thanks.

no problems - so say a member is in groups 1,5,7,10 and it is enabled for one of those groups, he should see it.

Yep that should be right.

Peaderfi, can we assume im not that good at css edits. Which bit would i alter to change the blue to say black >?

Is there anyway to make this mod inherit its colours from the skins installed on the board?

For now if you could tell me how to change the heading from blue to black it would be appreciatted , thanks

I see you've already gotten the css edits done, however I'll see about getting them to inherit board colours, but I don't think they will necessarily. However you ccan do the edit for each skin if they are unable to inherit.

This mod works great. Haven't had any problems with CleanCut or any of the other skins we use.

The only issue we've found is that when the hover box pops up when hovering over the topic, the topic start date box pops up for about 5 seconds over top of it. If you keep the mouse there the box goes away after the 5 seconds and you can read the topic text again.

[img]

[/img]

Thank you for this mod!!

I'll look into that now. Looks like the title tag isn't being cleared.

Nevermind i have found it myself....

For anyone else that has ocds and would like the hoverview header changed to a different colour then heres the bit to change..

.dogvdvhdr {

width:300px;

background:#333333; <--------------- change this hex code

border:1px solid #333333; <------------- change this hex code

font-weight:bold;

padding:10px;

}

Sorry I wasn't able to get to this sooner.

When this mod is installed certain users cannot see things like the tabs across the userbar eg ...

* Forums

* Members

* Calendar

* Downloads

* Subscriptions

* Tutorials

* Shops

* Site Map

Also they cannot see the dropdown for the skin changer , or active users today.

As soon as i remove the application, everything works fine.

Seems its only a problem for users with IE8 if that helps ?

Ok they are using IE8. I'll look into it now, however I suspect that its IE8 not playing nice with the javascript. I'll look into it.

waited the 72 hours now ... please could you sort me out *me waits like impatient child LOL

Excellent work peaderfi.. Lot of people been waitin on this and your support looks fantastic. Good to see there are decent guys out there coding... Just need to brush up on php now and I'll be sorted lol

waited the 72 hours now ... please could you sort me out *me waits like impatient child LOL

Excellent work peaderfi.. Lot of people been waitin on this and your support looks fantastic. Good to see there are decent guys out there coding... Just need to brush up on php now and I'll be sorted lol

No sh!t. I feel like a little kid "are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?" heh.. :D

I have tried with other browsers and its only IE8 that seems to be having issues ( as usual ) !

I've not been able to replicate it on any of the standard skins. I've sent you a pm.

Thanks!

No sh!t. I feel like a little kid "are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?" heh.. :D

My 72 hrs are almost up. Can't wait!! :D

Glad to see that people are excited about it.

any news on my problem please.

I believe I've got the Cleancut issue pretty much fixed, just need to double check the search templates now.

Hey peaderfi...

Got it! Installed and running perfectly. Thanks a bunch, bud. I got one questions, not a complaint.. Not sure if it has been mentioned here yet but is it possible to remove the Topic Hover button from the forum view?

post-117831-126576571767_thumb.gif

I did the Extra "UserCP" edits already, thinking that might be the answer but it didn't do what I thought. Which is remove it from the forum header.

TIA and once again.. THANK YOU!!

Disregard. I found it in the ACP App Settings!

Awesome!! Now just to change the colors to match my skins.. and we're golden. I know how to do that so we're good. Thanks again for this!! We were dying without it. :thumbsup::

Hey peaderfi...

Got it! Installed and running perfectly. Thanks a bunch, bud. I got one questions, not a complaint.. Not sure if it has been mentioned here yet but is it possible to remove the Topic Hover button from the forum view?

post-117831-126576571767_thumb.gif

I did the Extra "UserCP" edits already, thinking that might be the answer but it didn't do what I thought. Which is remove it from the forum header.

TIA and once again.. THANK YOU!!

From a post on the 2nd page, here's the fix for that:

I've responded to the pm.

Also it doesn't make changes to the skins, it uses hooks to implement the hover

Archived