cleancut skin

.Ian

Hi,

Could someone from IPS please let me know the status on cleancut skin.

As far as I can tell this was last updated back in October and is still beta.

I am concerned as it is faulty with the blog installed here and I am loath to update to 3.0.5 and update blogs / downloads etc., if it is not going too work properly.

Many thanks.

Ian

I would wait for the blog to go final. There are skin changes to the blog that have to be made on all skins. I have 18 skins that will have to be updated and I'm waiting for the the add-on to get out of RC before I work on updates. It only the prudent thing to do.

I wouldn't be supporting a pre-final add-on either, if it were mine.

Now that we're here, I think I'm glad I didn't win that competition. :lol:

Ian

I would wait for the blog to go final. There are skin changes to the blog that have to be made on all skins. I have 18 skins that will have to be updated and I'm waiting for the the add-on to get out of RC before I work on updates. It only the prudent thing to do.

Thanks - will await the final release of IP. Blog :)

The cleancut skin will be updated once the blogs/gallery are done.. just to prevent unnecessary releases.

I'm not sure when 3.1.x is coming out, but hopefully it's not too long after - in which case I'll update all of the components and the board at the one time. :)

I hope you are correct :) As we will not be able to upgrade until it is updated.

Yeah, same here--I'll need to update my primary skin, and then wait for several other skins to be updated, such as CleanCut and the three Community Skins. I'll need to update both the new Gallery and blog, although it seems to be the Blog that has more skin-related changes. :)

..Al

Yeah - considering the cleancut design uses very similar colours to the default IPB skin, and doesn't really require any template modifications, it should work fine with the new Downloads component.

I'd expect the same for the new blog and gallery components, but we'll see..

Correct. The main skin elements for CleanCut are on the main template and css elements. It's okay to revert all the blog templates and css to reflect the new styles and they will look as designed. You may then tweak a bit to your liking and any color changes you may have applied but reverting works just fine.

http://undergroundnyc.com/blogs/

Seems to work fine after reverting the blog/gallery templates.

http://www.offtopic.in/blogs/

Cleancut is the format I need for my site (reason being is the login menu in the header is an outrageous design fault). Yet cleancut doesn't format well in any version of IE. I wish someone would help us out and get this issue fixed up before inventing more half developed features.

Not sure why someone doesn't hear the message. I am wasting more time than ever on this board trying to fix half-assed developed features. Can we light a fire on some pressing issues? I get more frustrated by the minute with IP3.

Clean cut works fine for me, and I can fix them. The skin developer has to wait for IPS to make the RC apps final before he can update the skin. Its all relative to the completion of needed app upgrades.

You shouldn't need to fix anything. The skin developer is IPS - it is supposed to be an official skin.

I think it would be good if ips ensure that there is an updated version of this skin when 3.1 gets released sure it might not be 100% bug free but there hasnt been an update for a long while. Or maybe have the QA team have a play with testing some stuff prior to 3.1 being released. :)

Archived