Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Collin, I don't even have a copy of the 2.3 files anymore. :whistle:

Still, it is something we can look at if demand is ever high - I can't see it being a massive task if I'm honest...

FWIW, if there is a high demand, would you guys be willing to pay a small fee for a conversion service? like IPS offers?

Lewis, you need to master the art of stringing them along and not being definative. I have learned from the masters, IPS.
Instead of "Its planned. We are having some issues but hope to get it working" just say "Who knows?" :devil:

Now that Lewis let the cat out of the bag, yeah. I've been working on getting one up and running for a while now. Mat and I have been trying different structures for it and we just can't figure out "the way" to get it how we want it to work. :ermm:

Just say it is being worked on.

It may not be in this release but who knows. :lol:

Now that Lewis let the cat out of the bag, yeah. I've been working on getting one up and running for a while now. Mat and I have been trying different structures for it and we just can't figure out "the way" to get it how we want it to work. :ermm:

No worries I think what my members what more then any thing is a challenge system.
The tournament does not get played that much mainly because some members do not play their turns and the tournament goes on for weeks.
The daily challenge does get played though.

Can't find the post now - but can you just clarify something.

Will it be possible to bulk upload games to one category.

It would be far too time consuming to upload and change categories on games one at a time, and something that larger games sites, will not want to do.

No worries I think what my members what more then any thing is a challenge system.

The tournament does not get played that much mainly because some members do not play their turns and the tournament goes on for weeks.

Challenge would be so more used than any tournament. :)

If iarcade does not have a challenge system when I finally do upgrade to it I will just create challenges manually. Basically use an announcement system and pick a game and say this is the challenge. the announcement might say some thing like who can get the top score for this game in the next 24 hours.

If iarcade does not have a challenge system when I finally do upgrade to it I will just create challenges manually. Basically use an announcement system and pick a game and say this is the challenge. the announcement might say some thing like who can get the top score for this game in the next 24 hours.

Just so we are clear, A challenge is something sent between members. IE, I challenge lewis to pacman.
The old version of iArcade had that, albeit broken.

A tournament is where the admin sets a game and says "Everyone play this game!" and everyone enters. After X number of entries or Y amount of time, the top Z number of players advance to the next round. Again, after X scores or Y time, the top 2 players advance to the final, where a winner is crowned.

Here is a diagram:
%7Boption%7D

Can't find the post now - but can you just clarify something.

It would be far too time consuming to upload and change categories on games one at a time, and something that larger games sites, will not want to do.

Yes, I am going to work on this.

It would be very useful... :thumbsup:

Just so we are clear, A challenge is something sent between members. IE, I challenge lewis to pacman.

The old version of iArcade had that, albeit broken.

A tournament is where the admin sets a game and says "Everyone play this game!" and everyone enters. After X number of entries or Y amount of time, the top Z number of players advance to the next round. Again, after X scores or Y time, the top 2 players advance to the final, where a winner is crowned.

Here is a diagram:

[img]

[/img]

Your tournament sounds like a challenge system with tournament features or both rolled into one.

Take a look at my site for what a tournament looks like.

http://otakuplayground.com/forums/index.php?autocom=arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=199

And here is our daily challenge.
http://otakuplayground.com/forums/index.php?autocom=arcade&mod=challenge

If I was not financially struggling I would agree with you. I recently had to give in and add ads to my site.

I totally understand - I couldn't afford to renew the support on the dev board last month. We aren't out to make money off iArcade, just cover some of our costs.
There are going to be some really cool new features in iArcade 1.1 that will be exclusive previews to people who have supported our project. Thats about all we have in terms of a service for paying people. Lots of cool new stuff though.

Feedback is a great form of support, I really do appreciate it Amy! :thumbsup:

Your tournament sounds like a challenge system with tournament features or both rolled into one.

Take a look at my site for what a tournament looks like.

And here is our daily challenge.

*facepalm*
I've got no clue what to do at this point.

I totally understand - I couldn't afford to renew the support on the dev board last month. We aren't out to make money off iArcade, just cover some of our costs.

There are going to be some really cool new features in iArcade 1.1 that will be exclusive previews to people who have supported our project. Thats about all we have in terms of a service for paying people. Lots of cool new stuff though.

Feedback is a great form of support, I really do appreciate it Amy! :thumbsup:

*facepalm*

I've got no clue what to do at this point.

is there a set amount of "seats" in your tournament that have to be filled before those who signed up can play?
If the answer is no then yours will work 100 times better then the one I have now.

It is always hard to find people who want to play and if they sign up and forget to play the tournament stalls. Your way seems to fix the issue, which is a good thing.

is there a set amount of "seats" in your tournament that have to be filled before those who signed up can play?

If the answer is no then yours will work 100 times better then the one I have now.

It is always hard to find people who want to play and if they sign up and forget to play the tournament stalls. Your way seems to fix the issue, which is a good thing.

Replied via PM. Thanks!

I went through earlier today and added AJAX to a lot of the main functions - commenting, scoring, adding/removing favorites. As well as making it a lot more friendly for the users of the arcade, it is reducing load and bloat by only loading what the user wants to see.

Archived