Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

I will. Not liking my sidebar, just the game list bit. Looked and functioned great. Any ideas on a beta version ETA?

No date planned yet, we sill have some things we want to try and get done (Profile integration and some other small things) but hopefully sooner rather than later.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need feedback! We have an open poll running on our forums right now about "score jump handling" - that is, when a user submits a score, how do we take them to it?

This was a hot topic with some other arcade systems, so we want to get your opinions.

Vote here:
http://iarcademod.com/community/index.php?/topic/197-where-to-send-the-user/

I'm working on it as we speak.

I gave up on anything automated, sadly it will all be manual, but you guys will live. :thumbsup:

Great :)

Not too sure by what you mean as 'manual' - but as long as you can upload say 50 games into category x at one time, it will be fine :)

It would be even better if one could have secondary categories - it would knock the opposition ;)

The only reason I am not testing iarcade is because of categories - so when these are added, you can expect a lot more traffic download I am sure :)

Not too sure by what you mean as 'manual'

What I mean by "manual" is the problem of about 1 out of every 30 or so games actually has any category data. The other 29/30 have nothing, or they have the old "numeric" data, which is totally useless. So, by default, everything will get thrown into "All Games" unless edited by the admin to be otherwise.

but as long as you can upload say 50 games into category x at one time, it will be fine

Im going to sample some users during the first beta about a new uploading process. Ideally, users will be able to edit a game's settings after installing it, and then go back and upload another.

At the moment, we don't have a multi-uploader for compatibility reasons. I don't see that changing too soon, either, unfortunately.

It would be even better if one could have secondary categories - it would knock the opposition ;)

I'll look into it, but no promises.

The only reason I am not testing iarcade is because of categories - so when these are added, you can expect a lot more traffic download I am sure :)

They are added. Part of iArcade 1.1 :)

I humbly wish process of development could be fatser as we waited this on IPB 3.0.*, now 3.1 is out, you then need to adjust things into 3.1

Sorry - we do this in our spare time, so it's a bit of a stretch.
Also, 1.1 is a total rewrite of the first version. Its totally different.

We plan to begin the demo beta next week. :)

I am sure IPB 3.2 will be out soon with IP.nexus, so ....

1) I think Nexus will be with 3.1, actually.

2) We won't be having another overhaul/re-write for 3.2. iArcade 1.0 took one day to port to IPB 3.1... The rewrite for iArcade 1.1 needed to happen because of the way it was built. Features were built on top of each other and we just kept adding more on, instead of building it out. From a user standpoint it makes very little difference, but from a coding perspective, it was a mess and very cumbersome. 1.1 is faster, looks better, and has lots of new features that are only in IPB 3.1.

chmod to 777 ! LOL easy solution yes ???? :unsure:

Would be just as easy to hand my passwords at random ! :ph34r:

You should not make sources 777 by any means ! (w00t)

I tried to do this for a client, Now it says insert folder for uploads ! Ok - Make one in public_html - Chmod to 777 or 755 - suPHP - 644 - Still fails.

Fail ? :whistle:

chmod to 777 ! LOL easy solution yes ???? :unsure:

Would be just as easy to hand my passwords at random ! :ph34r:

You should not make sources 777 by any means ! (w00t)

I tried to do this for a client, Now it says insert folder for uploads ! Ok - Make one in public_html - Chmod to 777 or 755 - suPHP - 644 - Still fails.

Fail ? :whistle:

IPB itself requires at least 5 different main folders to be CHMOD 777. As long as a server is decently secured, you aren't "hanging your passwords at random"
I'm not sure what you mean "insert folder for uploads" - iArcade does not have an uploads folder. I think you mean a tars folder?

5 different folder to 777 ?

Cache / Uploads / Public_html / Hooks - Even so on the correct server enviroment 755 should work.

Also - you can use 644 on suPHP - Yet you can upload to that directory - But the system dont read it as corrctly as it should.

No matter what directory is set for game uploads it does not work - I can honestly assure you - I have done this for a client with folder change permissions VIA SSH - It just does not work - Only way is if you CHMOD the main admin folder to 777 - But this is an horribly a bad idea.

No matter what directory is set for game uploads it does not work - I can honestly assure you - I have done this for a client with folder change permissions VIA SSH - It just does not work - Only way is if you CHMOD the main admin folder to 777 - But this is an horribly a bad idea.

I can honestly assure you that there are hundreds of users who have no problem using iArcade.
You need writable permission to the /games folder, /games/all folder, /games/all/img folder, /sources/tars folder.

Make 100% positive your paths are correct. ACP -> iArcade -> Settings. Make sure there is NO TRAILING SLASH, make sure there are no DOUBLE SLASHES, make sure there is no WHITESPACE, and make sure everything is SPELLED CORRECTLY.

Its fine - I can honestly assure you.

Also - Correct me if I'am wrong but - See the mod is say - Put YOUR FOLDER PATH - So to me it saying I can make one, Ramdom one :unsure: And if its CHMOD to 777 it will work ??

Take no offence here but most hostings like myself does not allow out of directory whois - So in theory the mod should say

public_html/admin/ect and not account_name/home/account/public_html - It just adds to more confusion.

It should not ask for the username as that user for security reasons is not allowed to go out of that directory - IPB ready from the USER only, This is the main issue.

Its fine - I can honestly assure you.

Also - Correct me if I'am wrong but - See the mod is say - Put YOUR FOLDER PATH - So to me it saying I can make one, Ramdom one :unsure:

Take no offence here but most hostings like myself does not allow out of directory whois - So in theory the mod should say

public_html/admin/ect and not account_name/home/account/public_html - It just adds to more confusion.

It should not ask for the username as that user for security reasons is not allowed to go out of that directory ! This is the main issue.

Yes, iArcade supports the use of a custom tars folder. :thumbsup: So you can change that path to be something else and move your games there. But you must create that directory with writeable permissions first as well.

It has to be that long for windows users, who don't use the same folder setup cPanel users. Theirs are totally different, so it needs to be root. Its just a path. IPB stores the same information in your uploads setting. It needs to know the full "path" to your arcade. This feature is so the FTP importer can work and it knows the correct folder.

Whois is a domain lookup. I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to, but for what its worth, Ive tested this mod on Siteground (an suPHP webhost w/ open_basedir restrictions), ASmallOrange, BounceWeb, Site5, IPS hosting, and a crapload of other webhosts. Not to mention all the users who have installed it without issue on their webhosts as well.

If you are not able to install iArcade by yourself, we offer an installation service.

So me and the other 70+ people who mentioned the same issue to this previous post are wrong....

Some things are just not compatable - See anything else works just not this, And hense the reason the site it does work on generated over 50MB or errors per hours coming from arcade directory. ( Different server )

The RC1 works ! Just this FINAL - If a folder was not accessable you cannot browse it - Now I can go to the link of that folder you upload to and I see a bunce of game rars, So if this was not 777 it would not show - I set to 755 - It shows - I set to 644 it dont ! So CHMOD wokrs perfectly fine. Just something is not reading it right.

So me and the other 70+ people who mentioned the same issue to this previous post are wrong....

Some things are just not compatable - See anything else works just not this, And hense the reason the site it does work on generated over 50MB or errors per hours coming from arcade directory. ( Different server )

The RC1 works ! Just this FINAL - If a folder was not accessable you cannot browse it - Now I can go to the link of that folder you upload to and I see a bunce of game rars, So if this was not 777 it would not show - I set to 755 - It shows - I set to 644 it dont ! So CHMOD wokrs perfectly fine. Just something is not reading it right.

There were very few changes between RC1 and final. Most, if not all, of the users in this thread had their issues fixes. There were also countless others who figured out how to do it on their own. PM me your server information (FTP & ACP) and I will take a look.

after installing a fresh copy of iArcade mod i get this error when i try to log into it
Fatal error: Call to a member function gamescp() on a non-object in /home/tunitech.net/public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/modules_public/arcade/arcade.php on line 678

Looking forward to the new version. Been an ibpro user on vb for 3 years. Switched to ipboard and loved the clean interface of iarcade. Definately not as many features but the interface and speed are more important to me. Thanks for your hard work.

after installing a fresh copy of iArcade mod i get this error when i try to log into it

Fatal error: Call to a member function gamescp() on a non-object in /home/tunitech.net/public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/modules_public/arcade/arcade.php on line 678

Make sure to recache your skins.

Looking forward to the new version. Been an ibpro user on vb for 3 years. Switched to ipboard and loved the clean interface of iarcade. Definately not as many features but the interface and speed are more important to me. Thanks for your hard work.

Thats the main goal of iArcade, faster and cleaner. If you want a bunch of features and have everything crammed in, by all means, ibp is for you. :P

Anyhow, we are looking for a public testing period this week, so stay tuned!:thumbsup:

Archived