Stupid and not fair

Shanshazad

I was skeptical at first, but quickly realized it's worth the money considering how it seamlessly integrates into the forum. So far I have been quite satisfied with the quality except for some minor issues.

And as was mentioned it's an addon for IPB, not a stand alone application. If you want a stand alone application or script, Wordpress is always an option.

My next purchases include IP.Downloads and CCS to make my community complete, I've been a happy camper thus far. :)

That may be, but he could have bought the IP.Blog application to use on his website that uses IP.Board, without a support license.

IP.Board only states that you may not receive technical support / upgrades once it expires. Therefore, the applications should be purchasable without an existing subscription to IP.Board.

[quote name='isdoo' date='02 September 2009 - 08:31 AM' timestamp='1251876665' post='1851639']
According to your other posts, you already have a hosted forum - so you can just pay a small amount, to add the blog to your hosted forum.

That is correct. You don't have to buy an IPB license if you have a hosted community. Also, if you have a hosted community, you can upgrade your package and get Blog, Gallery and Downloads included.

[quote name='Shanshazad' date='02 September 2009 - 02:43 AM' timestamp='1251873829' post='1851628']
To buy a IPB blog requires you to buy a IPB board? WOW that's just a waste of money.

Now that's a total of $200.00. WOW you guys are trying to make money off from us.

Um.... Of course they are, look at their support team, Q&A practices, etc. Name a free forum package that has 24/7 techinical support from the developers, an extensive add on community, phone support, very good turnaround times, etc. Its not cheap, and free software won't have it. IP.Blog is not standalone, as others have said. If you want standalone blogs, you'll be better off with WordPress or something similar.

Also, you say he has a hosted community.. wouldn't that put you in the Active Customers group?

[quote name='Kapi' date='05 September 2009 - 05:26 AM' timestamp='1252124806' post='1852774']

Also, you say he has a hosted community.. wouldn't that put you in the Active Customers group?

I would have thought so - but was basing my assumption on this thread - http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/287813-my-license-is-active/page__p__1824998__fromsearch__1&#entry1824998 and others.

maybe he cancelled it - I do not know (or care ;) )

Archived