New staff avatars

Wolfie

Brian made them? That explains why they're so ugly... :whistle:

We customers should be able to get red-colored ones. ;o

Just kidding. Honestly, they're a lot better than the old ones, imo. :)

The new IPS avatar (minus the IPS logo of course) would totally rock. I mean as far as the rule against using avatars with the IPS logo, if someone was really out to do it, they could easily do it (not that it makes it okay or anything). Just I like the overall look. :)

[quote name='-Calypso-' date='17 August 2009 - 09:03 PM' timestamp='1250557418' post='1845436']
It's the staff's thing, let them keep them. It looks good and should be exclusive at least here at IPSF, do what you want at you own board. :)

I want the overall look to use as an option at my own board. :P

• Management

As Brandon noted, we will remove anyone's avatar if we feel they are trying to mimic staff. That's not because we're incredibly mean and selfish it's just that it gets confusing for others if at first glance you look like staff. If Brian doesn't have the time to create and release a generic logo free version then that should be respected.

[quote name='bfarber' date='18 August 2009 - 01:31 AM' timestamp='1250555492' post='1845426']
I'd say that since our forum rules forbids you from using an avatar that is similar in appearance to a staff avatar (to help avoid any confusion for newer members) it's probably counter-productive to the rules to release a GDK if you ask me.

yes document 5.a section 45c paragraph 96a subsection D clearly states "Anyone who creates a avatar that is similar or representative of a members of staff's will be eaten by Lindy and then regurgitated and burnt".

[quote name='Jaggi' date='18 August 2009 - 05:48 AM' timestamp='1250588932' post='1845548']
yes document 5.a section 45c paragraph 96a subsection D clearly states "Anyone who creates a avatar that is similar or representative of a members of staff's will be eaten by Lindy and then regurgitated and burnt".

That was amended. Now it's defecated then thrown into a spinning fan.

Archived