Final or RC3?

Wolfie

[quote name='Matt' date='22 June 2009 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1245688372' post='1812494']
Regarding the subscriptions manager. I'd like to point out that all of us at IPS take it very seriously and no one here wants to see it neglected. We realise that many of you monitize your forums using the SM so we have no plans to remove it or make it a poor cousin.

Our immediate plans are:

- Refactor the subscriptions manager from 2.3.6 to 3.0.0 [Done]
- Tidy up the ACP interface [Done]
- Fix reported issues with expiring subscriptions, upgrades and PayPal [Done]
- Write hooks and add settings [To Do]
- Release to QA [To Do]
- Release Beta / RC [To Do]

I spent most of last week and identified and fixed several issues. Most of which can be back-ported to 2.3.6. More details to follow.

Thank you Matt.

[quote name='Matt' date='22 June 2009 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1245688372' post='1812494']
Regarding the subscriptions manager. I'd like to point out that all of us at IPS take it very seriously and no one here wants to see it neglected. We realise that many of you monitize your forums using the SM so we have no plans to remove it or make it a poor cousin.

Our immediate plans are:

- Refactor the subscriptions manager from 2.3.6 to 3.0.0 [Done]
- Tidy up the ACP interface [Done]
- Fix reported issues with expiring subscriptions, upgrades and PayPal [Done]
- Write hooks and add settings [To Do]
- Release to QA [To Do]
- Release Beta / RC [To Do]

I spent most of last week and identified and fixed several issues. Most of which can be back-ported to 2.3.6. More details to follow.

Thanks for this update, As I will be using the subscription manager more and more I wonder about its future.

[quote name='superstrikertwo' date='22 June 2009 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1245709838' post='1812701']
SM will be free right?

There are no plans to charge for subscription manager separately at this time. We are intending to release it as a community project once we've got it updated and running with IPB3 properly.

• Management

[quote name='Stallyon' date='22 June 2009 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1245718687' post='1812725']
Are you guys going to do any sort of professional security audit before final release to check for major security holes that could have been overlooked?

We have already done some security auditing done by people outside our development staff.

[quote name='Charles' date='23 June 2009 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1245720027' post='1812730']
We have already done some security auditing done by people outside our development staff.

Ahhh, excellent! That's what I like to hear :) A good, third party audit!

Is the subscription manager going to be completely separate? I mean I know it's an application, but do you have to download it separately from the IPB download? I would think this is the case, which I personally wouldn't have a problem with.

[quote name='Volvospeed_' date='23 June 2009 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1245776663' post='1813049']
There an ETA on this? I know it went from RC2 to final, to some time after final.

No official statement was ever made about subscriptions manager's release date.

Matt has been working on it every dat recently - I'd expect it to be ready very soon - we want is out asap too ;)

Archived