Reporting posts in a popup?

Michael

Would it be possible (in a future version, of course, unless it's something you can throw in easily enough) to make the 'report a post' feature use the javascript popup class? If you go into a topic and report the post, when you hit 'back' you get directed back to the page that actually sends the report, and the report gets sent again. If you could just popup a form where you could report the post, the 'back' button will then really go back again.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought that the preview board did do it in a popup way back when.

[quote name='bfarber' date='16 June 2009 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1245195259' post='1810875']
I like the idea overall.

Note that when you report a post, it should take you back to that post (no need to click back to get there) for the record.

I click back because I want to go back to the search results that brought me to this topic in the first place. ;)

[quote name='ΑndyF' date='17 June 2009 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1245242620' post='1810977']
+1

I like the idea of the Report Post being a pop-up , the same way clicking email_open.png in topic view will bring you to a popup to send a quick message to that member :)

That really annoys me. Thankfully I can hit command (ctrl on windows) and open the full editor in a new window :)

Oh, I'm not always keen on it for the Messenger, I'm about 50/50 on using that and using the full one (depends on what I am posting about really, a quick message is fine but for details I tend to use the full one), but I think for reporting posts (where typically you will not need any extras such as BBCode etc) that pop-up is ideal :)

I still enjoy the mod that allows me to set which member levels can even USE the report a post. Nothing irks me more than a noob trial member who pulls the 'fire alarm' thinking it is a reply to the post button... My Report-a-post not only alerts all mods and admins, but sends a text message to my cell phone... Keeping out sites safe and legal is always a priority.

But a 'pop-out' (no matter what it is called, it is still is perceived as one), would be very welcome.

• 1 year later...

Friendly bump, I would really like to see this feature added at some point.

On this site, I always use the Today's Active Content search to find topics to respond to. From that list, I often go into a topic, find I have to report it (wrong forum, for example), and the report form bumps me back to the topic when it is complete. But the act of pulling up the report form and submitting it are new full pages that the browser accesses, so I can't just use the Back button anymore to get back to the page I was on before coming into the topic. If clicking the Report button opened in an ajax popup like the PM button on the profile card, the report could be submitted without having to leave the page, and the Back button would still work as expected.

Archived