IPS Forums - Driver Error

RobertMidd

When I click on my name I get this error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 7864320) (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/forumsi/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 731

Whoa 30-90 second load times? Resource intensive? If IPB 3 is going to be like this on final version I doubt I'll upgrade. Hopefully IPS can fix these problems. I'm experiencing extremely slow loading times ...

[quote name='Charles' date='02 June 2009 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1243992015' post='1807201']
Please see Brandon's post like 3 posts up before going bonkers :)

But I like going bonkers! D:

EDIT: 0.3 second load... That's better.
But now I can't go bonkers! >_<

It's a bit worrisome tbh :P

As far as I can remember I never came across any out of memory errors on this site back when it was 2.3.6 - but ever since 3.0 was added I've seen quite a few myself and 10-15 instances reported by others, each time there was always a "reason" why it happened. May not be directly caused by IPB3 (I think IPS moved servers with the IPB3 upgrade?), but it certainly doesn't help it's image - especially to newcomers.

[edit] And no I'm not talking about just tonight with the RC2 upgrade ;)

...is everyone ignoring their posts? They're testing stuff. Things tend to happen when you do that. I highly doubt it's IPB3's fault.

Unfortunately, guys, despite the laborious and time-consuming testing we do locally, it's just not the same as testing on a box with hundreds (sometimes thousands) of users online and millions of posts. Basically, this is a real world situation. We need to do real world testing at times.

We'd rather do it here, on our own site, and get IPB3 working as good as we possibly can, than release IPB to you guys with slow functions and so forth. Just look at it this way - we're doing the testing here, where we can control, debug, monitor and fix it, to save you trouble down the road. :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Doped_Wizard' date='08 June 2009 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1244454174' post='1808245']
Ok I got the php to run just create a .htaccess file with the following command

php_value memory_limit 128M

this did the trick for me.

It didn't do the trick for me. 500 internal server error. Neither should it as 3.0.l shouldn't run out of memory, memory limit is just fine as it is and the ipb install is fresh.

What is causing this?

Archived