Beta 5

Guest Mesmer

Are you kidding me? :o See my post above. Two different styles (IE and FF) = unprofessional.

You're looking at it the wrong way.

It's not "Hey, IE looks differently than these other browsers, it should see rounded corners too." -- it's, "hey, we can give these things rounded corners in every browser beside IE without expending any extra effort at all, and it'll look that much better. The browsers that actually support those sorts of things get the benefit of it, and IE works just perfectly without it."

Make everything work everywhere, scale up even further where it's convenient to do so.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the box header on the site you linked

<b class="top"><b class="b1"></b><b class="b2"></b><b class="b3"></b><b class="b4"></b></b>

this is the footer

<b class="bottom"><b class="b4b"></b><b class="b3b"></b><b class="b2b"></b><b class="b1b"></b></b>

It's not semantic, and I don't think Rikki is willing to degrade a good semantic skin to that kind of HTML-soup so that IE can have rounded corners.

I know I wouldn't be interested in doing that myself.

Skinning seems broken with exporting and importing (for me anyway) in B5.

Imo, unless you need to start, and are able to manually export/import the skin, or hope that there is an upgrade path to the next version, I would wait further.... :(

There are going to be skin changes as bugs are reported and fixed, unfortunately. There's no way around that.

As for importing/exporting, if you have no need to export yet I wouldn't worry about that. Exporting can be fixed without affecting the skins, so I wouldn't be concerned about that much yet.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in .../admin/applications/core/setup/versions/install/knownSettings.php on line 1

when at admin/install/index.php?app=install&section=install&do=settings

Its a fresh install, although the previous upgrade attempt did the same thing at step 4/13

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in .../admin/applications/core/setup/versions/install/knownSettings.php on line 1

Its a fresh install, although the previous upgrade attempt did the same thing at step 4/13

This should be reported in the bug tracker.

This should be reported in the bug tracker.

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=14054

Well I still haven't seen that kitchen sink feature installed yet.

That's on the roadmap for version 10. Hopefully by that time RFID will be implemented globally in everything you own and we'll be able to take over the world at the same time.

There's still a background color, just not a [i]separate[/i] background color behind the author pane now :) Personally I think it's much neater now, though I accept opinions may differ.

Could you elaborate on this? I used the color checker extension and all posts had the same bg color.

Archived