IPB 2.3.5?

Guest darkidan

yes they will.. but when XD

They do not tend to give release dates as people get disappointed if there is a delay. As Axel Wers has said, when it is ready (assuming there will be one that is)

These topics do not serve much purpose imo ;)

:)

I think considering the following, 3.0 WON'T be next.

First, by 1.3, we knew 2.0 was in the works.
Second, Nexus is a big project right now and people waiting for Nexus won't be happy if progress slows while another project takes center stage (though yes, 3.0 could be worked on during the RC phase of Nexus, because it won't need full 3 developer attention).
Thirdly (and probably by opinion) I can't see a massive change to the board as it stands. Yes there are a few major changes (PM system changes to topic/facebook like messaging) but on the whole they can make do with more of a 2.4 upgrade with newer feature sets but same look, same back end.

They just released an update to fix bugs in 2.3.4 ... what other bugs do you speak of? :blink:

If you go into the tracker for IP.Board and change the view to show Fixed issues for version 2.3.4 you will see all the bugs that are fixed after the 2.3.4 release. Although I must say I can not see any serious bugs outstanding as the DST issue was updated in a small patch.

I was going to update monday too 2.3.4 i guess i should wait to 2.3.5 now

Well, if you don't have a lot of mods installed on your board better you upgrade to 2.3.4, since nobody knows when 2.3.5 will be released(beside IPS). :)

I think hooks is there plan so you can almost bet that all your existing mods won't be compatible in the 3.0 version and the authors will have to upgrade there scripts to be compatible. But out the box, it sounds like you will lose them all regardless as I'm sure that would be the case if the hook method is utilized. Database entries may be salvageable though.

Ahh, I too was curious as to whether another update would be forthcoming

I have been so busy with R/L over the past few months (Sheesh where has 2008 gone :o ) that I put off upgrading from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4, now I'm finally getting some time to do some edits etc I want to upgrade but don't want to have to recode all my mods etc if another update is coming within the next 1-2 weeks

It would be great if they could let us know whether an update is coming etc because it would certainly save some of us some mod / update time

We don't know when updates will be released until they're ready to be released. I can tell you that 3.0 is going to take a lot of time. I expect we will release a 2.3.5 at some point, however I do not know when. I could not, therefore, tell you whether it's worth upgrading now until the next release is ready, or whether you should instead just wait.

Archived