An Auto-Ticket should be created upon purchase of a plug-in

Guest FantasyTrader

Why would you have your sales set up so that when a customer purchases a plug-in they need to go in and notify you it needs...plugged in?

I mean, I can only think of one reason you'd purchase an IP plug-in and it's not to pet it and call it George. :blink:

A plug-in purchase should go straight to a service rep's task folder.

But I'm new and could be totally blind to a legit need to have it set up this way.

I agree with the topic maker. The ticket should be made then if they dont want IPS to install it they can just close the ticket??

I don't think that would work, most people wouldn't close the ticket and then Tech would get "shouted at" for installing plug ins that the owners wanted to do themselves

A big -1 on this request from me. Especially since install requests require extra info (server login, etc) and you can't possibly believe the poor support guys would get a nice response to what would seem to be unsolicited requests for "further information" to install. No, it'll just create an unnecessary support burden.

Are you saying a ticket should automatically be made to install any purchased component?

From my experience, the majority of people install components themselves, and do not want us to do it.

I see. I was under the impression the majority of customers were like me and just had IPB Staff plug it in for them. But if the vast majority complete the install themselves then, I agree with Kyanar. Better to have people like me frustrated that it ISN'T automatically plugged in than vice-versa.

Hey, we actually have been discussing this. I believe we are going to try something like sending a request for information with the thank you for your purchase email. And it would say something like, if you would like to have IPS install your plugin or execute your service, please respond with ... and if not, just ignore.

Hey, we actually have been discussing this. I believe we are going to try something like sending a request for information with the thank you for your purchase email. And it would say something like, if you would like to have IPS install your plugin or execute your service, please respond with ... and if not, just ignore.

Perfect! This is all you'd need. Just something that let's the buyer know an extra action is needed on their part. I sat for 48 hrs. believing the blog was being plugged in for me.

A simple toggle box that you could check and have it say, "Would you like IPS to install this for you..." and if its toggled it brings down that box where you fill in the information for the forum / FTP ect.

That's a good idea, Jason. :thumbsup:

You could even go a step further during the purchase process and have them check a "Need Installation (free)?" box. If they check it, perhaps have a new field or two open asking for the pertinent information.

Okay, as promised...or mentioned. However you interpret my text. Some changes have been made. You will now 'successfully' receive the welcome email for every package (which didn't quite fully happen before). You will also have a custom page when navigating "Your Purchases". AND, I believe we may be adding Customer Announcements on the Client Area splash page, but we will see about those. As for now, something happens when you purchase a package/plugin/service.

Archived