IPB 2.3

Guest OleBole

Guest OleBole

From news and updates:

As per our usual release process, we will test IP.Board 2.3.0 here on our company forums until all upgrade issues are resolved, our beta testing group reports in, and our staff is comfortable with a public release. We expect this process to last one to two weeks.

Posted on april 16th

So i just wondering.. :rolleyes:

Edit: typo

• Management

i'm usually against these threads but seriously its been a long time coming now :(.

:lol: it has? IPB 2.3 has only been in development maybe 2 months now. It's pretty much done we're just putting it through lots of benchmarking. Version 2.3 has almost no new features so there is not a whole lot to look forward to unless you are having performance problems.

i'm usually against these threads but seriously its been a long time coming now :(.

:D

IP.B 2.3: Long time...
IP.D: Long time...

Maybe IPS should release products after a week with no testing? :P

Version 2.3 has almost no new features so there is not a whole lot to look forward to unless you are having performance problems.

How long would it take to produce an upgrade with absolutely no new features then? hystericalwdukv7to.gif

Sorry, Charles, I'm just trying to lighten up things. :D

:lol: it has? IPB 2.3 has only been in development maybe 2 months now. It's pretty much done we're just putting it through lots of benchmarking. Version 2.3 has almost no new features so there is not a whole lot to look forward to unless you are having performance problems.

2months can be a long time too, trust me :P. Just waiting on it to release some updated mods (wanna see what changes it has before spending days on doing it for 2.2) and i get bugged daily on those so its only fair i return the favour to ips.

The person who said it was a long time coming probably means becuase the announcement said 2 weeks and it has been more than 5 and the bug tracker keeps going up in confirmed bug count instead of down.

That being said, I would rather wait than have a quick 2.3.1 also becuase I don't want to have to put mods back in then already have to put some of them back a few weeks later.

Archived