Its weird but nice

Guest Jaggi

why does this always happen to me, i went to check out the new ips page and logged into the client area and low and behold ipb 2.2.0 is up (yes the final :P ). Exact same thing happened when i wanted the unencoded versions, just lucky i guess :P .

I actually find it sort of funny.

I said several times "DO NOT WAIT TILL THE LAST MINUTE" to purchase one of the old ( now ) licenses. Look what happens, I have no idea when the site was updated ( perhaps on a planned automatic update ), but people are going to wake up in the morning and be shocked.

I think I will invest in starting a company, where I predict the future, since I was right about the license. Although to be fair, I thought the "forums" would be closed and the website would be "down" while they did said update ( website, forum, client software, etc ).

Anyways already updated both my websites :wub:

People can't complain about the license change as everyone was given well over a month (close to 2 infact) to get their Perpetual License upgrades and new orders in before the new pricing structure came into force :)

Indeed, and I'm very thankful to IPS for that. Most companies would never do that. :wub:

People can't complain about the license change as everyone was given well over a month (close to 2 infact) to get their Perpetual License upgrades and new orders in before the new pricing structure came into force :)

People will complain, because thats human nature, but I tried to help those people who said they would wait and warn them of what might happen.

Just turned out to be true :devil:

I think in fact, I learned my own advice from an old IPS update ( I believe it was the IPB 2.0.0 release ) where it went paid after said update. I was then stuck with a unsupported version but free at the time version of IPB.

Which is funny because this change is the exact reason why I bought IPB, although I waited for a sale, and while I wait I used what I had.

Good old IPS, checking their new website in major browsers like Safari :P

NOT

The issues with Safari are very minor and cosmetic. We didn't think it was necessary to hold up the new site in order to fix tiny issues that will affect 2% of browsers :)

Archived