IPB 2.1.5 Released

Guest IPS News

This topic is to be used to discuss the release of 2.1.5, not to ask support questions. Will was nice enough to try to provide a little help with his answer, but we should not be expected to provide any support of support through this topic. :)

If you submitted a ticket I'm sure someone will answer you within our stated timeframe of 24-48 hours.

To answer your question, it is POSSIBLE with the software to restore a skin, yes, however your skin may not work properly due to the changes.

Which is why I opened a ticket. I have already started a test forum such that I can test out what sort of mess the upgrade will make prior to making any changes. Thanks anyway though.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ticket: #259160

Matt or Brandon it appears that newest exploit works my site was hacked earlier today DB was totally whiped out my server admin has basically zeroed the server out and determined its a ipb exploit

thank god for off site backups :( :(

Is it just me or are the client center downloads down(ticket system also refuses to submit!) oO(tried in 3 browsers, 4 computers, 4 locations lol)

Its not just you. I'm having the same problem. I was thinking of downloading 2.1.5. but after reading this thread I'm starting to get second thoughts.

Ticket: #259160

Matt or Brandon it appears that newest exploit works my site was hacked earlier today DB was totally whiped out my server admin has basically zeroed the server out and determined its a ipb exploit

thank god for off site backups :( :(

Hello,

I'm working on the ticket now.

But just to confirm here for you, and for all members, it was not through the SQL exploit you linked.

It's quite easy to determine this....do a search in the access logs for st=-1
It's not there at all. Do a search for -1 and go through all the entries one by one - it only comes up in ACP skin template links, which is by design.

People, that SQL exploit on securityfocus is bogus...please stop worrying about it. :)

Cant download this version

Yet I still cant download. I always get this error when I try to download from the client center

SQL error: User ibforums_downloa has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

SQL error code:

Date: Wednesday 15th of March 2006 02:34:12 AM

Hi, I am sorry if this has already been asked, I did a Ctrl+F search for the word "quote" and did not find anything.

On all 2.1.5 boards I have seen (including this one!), when you click the quote button in RTW this appears:

[quote][quote]

But you can't edit it. However, if you highlight the text, then hit the quote button, it works fine.

• Management

Sorry for the downloads being offline; this issue was fixed earlier this morning.

For the record, .Will hasn't been hacked by any SQL vulnerability. Both Brandon and I have gone through his access logs and there's nothing to suggest any odd behavior.

I see. I created a new gallery and then I was able to see the gallery link in my profile. However, I have a large, existing user base and would like to ensure that anyone who has a gallery will have the appropriate link in their profile. Can you write a query that would set this bit properly for anyone who has a gallery?

Is this possible? Is there was a way to have this line displayed with out telling my members to go back and post another picture? If so it would be great! Is there a way to get this to work in the card view too?

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if this upgrade makes any DB changes?

The reason I'm asking is, if I copy my forums and DB, upgrade the copy but then point back to my real DB once I get everything working will this be ok?

Nevermind, I see during my test that it does.

FYI:

In my case I upgraded from 2.1.3 to 2.1.5 and it went pretty smooth.

I had some custom mods that didn't work afterwards but it only took a short time to edit them.

The way I went about it was that I had my host clone my DB and I made a copy of my forum directory and changed the conf_global to point to the dummy DB. I ran the upgrade and then made the required edits to the files in the copied forum directory. All the while my other forum was still running.

Once I tested everything and saw that the upgrade worked I closed down my real forum, copied the files and ran the upgrade on my real forum/db. When the upgrade was completed I renamed that forum directory and then renamed my copied forum directory to what the real forum directory was. I edited the conf_global file to point to the real DB and turned the forum back on.

Essentially this only required my forum to be down for about 20 minutes as apposed to an hour or more and obviously I was able to determine what needed to be edited at my leisure.

Just an idea for any of you that have the extra space to do so on your host.

That being said I'm happy with the upgrade and have no reported problems as of yet.

I purchased a one year license about 16 hours ago... when i can download the software?

I bought a virtual server the same time and they needed about 2 hours to set up the whole crap. Here i don't even get a fricken download link... :(

I want to start with my page. What was i paying 65$ for?
I can't even use the ISP Beyond forum.

Your order has not yet been verified, it's the weekend so it'll either be processed tomorrow morning or monday morning.

F***, there should be a law for 24/7 support, if somebody takes online orders as a professional company :mad:

Thanks for reply!

F***, there should be a law for 24/7 support, if somebody takes online orders as a professional company :mad:

Thanks for reply!

We manually verify all orders from new customers to help cut down on fraud. The published billing hours are 9-5, Monday to Friday, but your order may well be processed before that if someone from billing is around over the weekend.

We manually verify all orders from new customers to help cut down on fraud. The published billing hours are 9-5, Monday to Friday, but your order may well be processed before that if someone from billing is around over the weekend.

Which I think is excellent, it does help cut down on "frawd". :P

Nice to hear official words. Thanks!
It seems, i have to wait until monday :(
I wanted to work on my site and forum on weekend, when i have time... now i have to delay it a bit...

Thanks again for reply!

I don't use IE (I use Macs primarily), but I just fired it up on one of my PCs to see what's going on. And I must say, it looks absolutely attrocious and you can bet that I'll be reverting this change. Most of my users are using IE (and I'm sure this is true of anyone's forum) and most of them hit two returns at the end of each paragraph.

For those wondering how the difference looks, here is a snapshot of two posts. The first I composed using Firefox in OS X, the second post was made using Internet Explorer in Windows XP. I only hit return TWICE after each line of text:

newlines.png

I know my users would find this unacceptable (as do I), so I'll be reverting the change. Everyone hits returns while posting messages (well, most everyone), and hardly anyone uses indenting and lists.

..Al

:lol: dude seriously.. its not that big of a deal, just hit the bloody enter key once instead of twice :lol:

honestly, the things some people moan about, oh and by the way i'm using RTE right now in ie

and
i
can
manage
to
do
line
at
a
time

:rolleyes:

Archived