IPB 2.1.5 Released

Guest IPS News

INSERT INTO ibf_task_manager VALUES ('', 'Update Topic Views Counter', 'updateviews.php', 1142018340, -1, -1, 3, -1, 'ddce954b5ba1c163bc627ca20725b595', 0, 'Used when topic views are not incremented immediately', 1, 'updateviews', 0, 0);

Out of range value adjusted for column 'task_id' at row 1

Every time I try to install the Forums, I'm getting this message. Can someone help me past this?

Unfortunately, IPB does not yet support MySQL 5. :) You will need to use MySQL 4.0/4.1 to run IPB (or 3.23, however it is not recommended at this point based on how outdated it is).

@Bamfer, I JUST got a ticket about that yesterday and found that out. You need to change the path to point to the settings page in the manage components screen, however it's only relevant to do this if you have purchased sigma chat.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brandon perhaps you can figure this out.

My Original post

Could someone explain why I'm getting this error when I click on Manage Members in the ACP.

[b]Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/admin.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.[/b]

It's happened twice since I upgraded to 2.1.5. I can eventually get to the Manage Members screen but it takes another try to do so.

quote by .Will

if you are root-admin check in forums root folder in ftp for any .htaccess files if there is remove it

if that does not work try and reupload member.php in sources/action_admin

I don't have a .htaccess file in my forums root folder. Also, I re-uploaded member.php and that didn't work. Everytime I go to Manage members for the first time after logging into the ACP I get that error. I have to hit my back button in order to get to the Manage Member page. :/

My host moved my site twice in two days to differeent servers. Would that cause this problem? Its very frustrating I get that error. *sigh*

Brandon perhaps you can figure this out.

[b]My Original post[/b]

[b]quote by .Will[/b]

I don't have a .htaccess file in my forums root folder. Also, I re-uploaded member.php and that didn't work. Everytime I go to Manage members for the first time after logging into the ACP I get that error. I have to hit my back button in order to get to the Manage Member page. :/

My host moved my site twice in two days to differeent servers. Would that cause this problem? Its very frustrating I get that error. *sigh*

You are getting a 403 error - unfortunately, there is nothing IPB can do to take care of that for you. Have you notified your host? That is a permission error. Ensure your files have good permissions set (though it is unlikely this is a problem if you can hit back and access the page). Make sure your host doesn't have some odd mod_security rule setup as ell.

Is the security patch included in the 2.1.4 -> 2.1.5 update pack?

Yes.

I have a question.

I have installed numreous modifications to my ipb 2.1.4, and I want to know, if I upgrade, will it overwrite any of the files I edited to install the mods, thus screwing them up?

I have numerous mods too but armed with a copy of Beyond Compare it was a simple job to update the modded files. Result? Fully updated to 2.1.5 with all mods working perfectly - no screw ups!

Me too (upgrade from 2.1.4 to 2.1.5..)

I tried to upload the files a second time but I still have a blank page with the Components link in the ACP

Upgraded from v2.1.4 to v2.1.5 and all works fine with MKPortal M 1.1 Rc1 (board inside portal with many modules disabled), Invision Community Blog 1.2.2, Invision Gallery 2.0.5, Links System 2.2.3 and Current Mood & Music 2.2 with Custom skin.

At present, I didn't have blank page or error message.

There are some bugs that need to be fixed before 2.2. The quote bug is especially insidious and hackers could bring down the site by exploiting that on a large enough scale.

Anyway, how different will 2.2 be from 2.1. Will it be as different as 2.1 is from 2.0?

This topic is to be used to discuss the release of 2.1.5, not to ask support questions. Will was nice enough to try to provide a little help with his answer, but we should not be expected to provide any support of support through this topic. :)

If you submitted a ticket I'm sure someone will answer you within our stated timeframe of 24-48 hours.

To answer your question, it is POSSIBLE with the software to restore a skin, yes, however your skin may not work properly due to the changes.

Archived