Jim M had the most liked content!

About Jim M

Contact Methods

Profile Information

• Interests
    Tech, Programming, Cars and Music

Recent Profile Visitors

15,811 profile views
  1. You would want to use the compare tool in the Theme editor to compare against the unmodified template and make the updates accordingly.
  2. No modified theme template files will get updated automatically, you will need to manually update these. If you are just updating CSS in your custom files, that is fine so long as you do not touch any templates.
  3. You are not licensed for Pages so you would need to revert back to your previous file set from the backup you took prior to starting and uninstall Pages and any other application you have installed that you are not licensed for.
  4. I have moved this to a ticket to be investigated by our Cloud team. Please watch your email for further correspondence.
  5. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.
  6. The easiest way would be to simply create a new template section and that would create it as unmodified. Then change your Database Settings to be pointed towards those new templates.
  7. Unfortunately, this is not something which I can reproduce here. It may have been a temporary error but please let us know if you're able to reproduce it.
  8. You would need to see what tasks in your ACP would be running these background tasks. Sounds like something resource intensive has been running and there is no timeout.
  9. PHP is a wide and vast language that can do many things. Our software though follows best practices. Crashed tables in general are caused more from server-side influences than software influences. With that said, if this was something in the software, you'd hear more complaints from our thousands and thousands of customers 🙂 .
  10. Please feel free to post this in our suggestion forum if you would like to see this. This is incorrect. Themes are CSS and PHTML (Theme Templates). Both can reposition content.
  11. I'm sorry to hear that this is still happening, however, this is definitely the server rather than the software. This is something your hosting provider will need to continue to investigate to find the root cause. These things where it is repeatedly happen could be configuration, resource overload, backup malfunction, corrupt storage, etc... The fact that it is multiple tables is stating it is really something on the server side. This is the resulting error of our software attempting to use the table after it crashed, not the cause of the crash.
  12. You would want to run that in the same directory which your Invision Community software is running. That will verify the MySQL with your conf_global.php file.
  13. You will want to run the compatibility checker as it sounds like your are missing extensions in PHP:
  14. Google Analytics will not include bots and other traffic which will not evaluate their Javascript to gain a more "human" traffic system but there are flaws in that. Whereas, our statistics will show you all traffic because it hits the software and thus is tracked.
  15. The user would have the option to choose the languages which you have made available for them at the bottom of the page. On an unmodified theme, there should be a "Language" selection that when clicked, allows the user to change languages that the administrator has provided to the community.